2014/15 Service Manual

joecbr

• Member Contributer

I am doing the first service next week.

Pages covering oil change would be great. I mean, it's not exactly rocket science with the new fairing setup. I just wanted to follow their procedure to the "T" when performing the scheduled maintenance while under warranty.

If there is a section covering steering bearing inspection, that'd be nice too, but I just assume they grab the bars and shake violently to see if there's any play. ;)

• Member Contributer

If you download the Honda common service manual it will tell you how it's done.  Available from various sites for free.

• Member Contributer

Those came out great for me. Everything I need.I can crop/rotate them if needed.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, fink said:

If you download the Honda common service manual it will tell you how it's done.  Available from various sites for free.

That manual is new to me, but totally makes sense why it exists. Means a shop doesn't have to keep a copy of every detailed factory manual for basic service items. 

Time to find a 2014+ version of that. Thanks.

Now rip it apart and scan it page by page so u have a digital copy lol  took me 3 months but i got it done

+1

Then you can have it bound again with one of those spiral binders and you can upload the Digital Copy to this forum for the joy and perusal of many

11 hours ago, fink said:

I have the Common Service Manual.  It is a fantastic manual full of helpful explanations etc., but it is not model specific, making it of very limited value when you need specifics.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, joecbr said:

Steering - more testing.  Need to rig something up to flatten the pages before taking picture.

steering1.JPG

steering2.JPG

steering3.JPG

steering4.JPG

steering5.JPG

steering6.JPG

steering7.JPG

steering8.JPG

steering9.JPG

Can you orient them correctly as it sending me iPad nuts. Lol.  

Agree it takes hours to scan every page. Well done. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, joecbr said:

I have the Common Service Manual.  It is a fantastic manual full of helpful explanations etc., but it is not model specific, making it of very limited value when you need specifics.

That's why it's called a common service manual.  It explains the basics involved in testing and checking. 

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Tews19 said:

Does it state what all needs to be done for the 600 mile tuneup. If so, is it worth the 200$ shop fee or can I do it myself

You can find the checklist on the forum here. It's basically oil change + check torque on critical bolts and verify steering head bearings didn't seat and cause looseness.

I'm not taking mine to a dealer. I don't trust them to do it much of anything right, to be honest. (edit: manufacturers need to understand there's a major perception issue with dealer service departments. They should address it by forcing stricter standards and quality control.)

• Member Contributer

I can host the full thing for you no matter what the size. Didn't know the forum had a limit.

If interested send me a PM and I'll give you a FTP to upload to. We can re-link it here. I also can optimize the PDF and maybe reduce some of the size.

21 hours ago, thtanner said:
I can host the full thing for you no matter what the size. Didn't know the forum had a limit.

If interested send me a PM and I'll give you a FTP to upload to. We can re-link it here. I also can optimize the PDF and maybe reduce some of the size.

Send me a link or email I'll forward what I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edit:::: i figured it out its now pending under downloads on the site

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Amoreira88 said:

Send me a link or email I'll forward what I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edit:::: i figured it out its now pending under downloads on the site

Amoreira88 and thtanner.

MANY THANKS.

Regards.

Grum

i'd upload the whole thing but 
  • 37.65MB is that max

2-0 Frame:Body Panel: Exhaust System.pdf

3-0 Maintenance.pdf

4-0 PGM-FI System.pdf

edit:::: i can't upload any more i guess i only have a set limit

So in the end is this being uploaded somewhere? Is someone providing a link to Dropbox or some other server from where we can all download it?

• Member Contributer
On 7/11/2017 at 8:34 PM, joecbr said:

I just received the service manual for the 2014/15 VFR 800.  If anyone needs info let me know.  

Joe, can I ask where you got the Service Manual please and do you have a pic of the front page?

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Skids said:

Joe, can I ask where you got the Service Manual please and do you have a pic of the front page?

Thanks.

I bought mine from a fellow rider in the classifieds, got a slightly used factory manual for $25 so if you get lucky you can snag one cheap. IMO the pictures leave alot to be desired for a factory manual, could be more detailed etc , but it's better than using an online manual .

11 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

So in the end is this being uploaded somewhere? Is someone providing a link to Dropbox or some other server from where we can all download it?

it's under downloads on VFRD home page

Archived