Switching switchgear?

Katie

Has anyone found an alternative switchgear that can be swapped in directly for the existing left hand bar?

Have done well over 8k miles so far and reaised that my style of riding is distinctly European. :cool: I plan when I indicate (hence just doing the mod to disable the self-cancellling indicators) so don't care where the switch is but I need to use the horn without any hesitation! Having nearly broken my thumb a couple of times when trying to stretch to the button in time to avoid being wiped out by fuckwit cage drivers I figure changing the switchgear back to 'normal' pattern (apologies to any BMW riders) might be the answer?

• Member Contributer

Have you tried rotating the switch?

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Katie said:

... my style of riding is distinctly European.

What does that mean?

Even when I lived in the city and commuted to work, I rarely used my horn. 

I'm usually too busy with evasive maneuvers to use the horn, but I did go for it once last week and mashed the signal cancel a few times. Once I got used to the signals being where they are, that became easy and thoughtless, but I never use the horn enough to get used to its placement.

1 hour ago, auggius said:

What does that mean?

Even when I lived in the city and commuted to work, I rarely used my horn. 

More Italian if you prefer. The horn is a way of communicating many different messages but very few of them work if you have to wait a while until you can get your thumb to line up with the button. Commuting 700 miles a week through some of the UK's worst traffic means that I like to communicate... :wink:

Just scoping out fleabay and it looks like any number of switches could fit. Not sure about the connectors though, does anyone know if Honda use a standard block connector(even if it's just standard across Honda models)? It's times like this I wish I had a manual!

Talking of wires, carried out the 'disable the self-cancelling indicators' mod yesterday and it works, yay! Had a horrendous trip in this morning but was amazed at how much more relaxed I was without constantly having to check/double-check/re-check that my indicators were on!

After sorting the switches, it just leaves the quickshifter and the slipper clutch to go. I'm sure when I swapped to the VFR from Aprilia I had it in my head that I wouldn't spend so much money on the bike... :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

But he isn't making his "Thumb Stronger". It's locked horizontally, if he was closing the plate by flexing his thumb, that would be different. All he is doing is, well I dunno. But it's not making his thumb stronger...

Archived