Summer Tour August 2017

jackhammer63

I've decided to take another tour to visit my friend in Spokane, WA who suffers from stage four cancer. He rides a Harley Vrod and we are planning a trip to Glacier National Park and possibly Yellowstone. The departure date is tentative for 07 August

I have begun to re-outfit my bike. New Ram Mount for my phone, (coming soon)SENA20s and the SENA Bluetooth audio pack for my GoPro. Krega 30, 10 & 10 for all of my gear. Also a new Shoei

helmet.

VFR800.jpg 
I'll be starting from Avondale, AZ headed to Las Vegas and then on to Mammoth Lakes, CA to rest for the night. I'll be camping out most of the time staying in forest service and national park campgrounds. My next stop will be at Crater lake, OR. Via hwy 395. The majority of my travels will be on back roads in order to avoid the interstates. After my visit to Crater Lake it is off to the Portland, OR area to visit an old friend from high school. Class of 1985. From Portland my next stop is Poulsbo, WA to visit an old Navy buddy. I'm retired 22 years of broken service. USNR Ret. While visiting Joe, I'm going to check out the Olympic National Park. Then it's off to Spokane. After an overnight stay we will ride to Glacier NP. We'll stay two days exploring the park and then off to Yellowstone NP. Two to three days there and we will part ways and I will head on over to the Grand Teton NP. A brief over nighter and it is off to Moab and Arches NP via HWY 191. From Arches it off to Monument Valley. On my last leg I will head home and recap my journey.

I will post here my progress and the roads I'm traveling. Should anyone live in the area, please let me know and we can have a meet-up.

• Member Contributer

Looks like a great route.  I am traveling to many of the same spots soon.  Watch the heat!. In honor of your naval service I am taking my CV bike.

Archived