FI light coming on

11jalrge

Last Thursday I did a ride from Oakland md down to Silver Spring Md to the Mercedes Benz dealership I will be working at soon About 3 hours in I noticed the throttle got very snatchy in 6th gear about 75 to 80 mph.Then about 2 or 3 miles later the FI light comes on and stayed on until I stopped Throttle felt fine again after restarting.It rN fine for the rest of the trip and on the way home.This afternoon it did the same thing again turned key off then back on and it's fine.Has anyone seen this before untill now I have never had that light come on.I haven't had a chance to try to read codes out of it yet will try tomorrow. Thanks bike is a 98 Fifth gen with 48000 on it 

• Member Contributer

Sounds like you might have a sensor (e.g. MAP or ECT) that has some terminal corrosion. Once you read the codes, you'll be able to identify which sensor was the culprit. Might be as easy as pulling the connectors apart then reconnecting them. 

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

If you find a corroded connector, if it is not completely ruined, clean it with dielectric spray and then coat with X-Guard. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 6/18/2017 at 3:54 PM, 11jalrge said:

Last Thursday I did a ride from Oakland md down to Silver Spring Md to the Mercedes Benz dealership I will be working at soon About 3 hours in I noticed the throttle got very snatchy in 6th gear about 75 to 80 mph.Then about 2 or 3 miles later the FI light comes on and stayed on until I stopped Throttle felt fine again after restarting.It rN fine for the rest of the trip and on the way home.This afternoon it did the same thing again turned key off then back on and it's fine.Has anyone seen this before untill now I have never had that light come on.I haven't had a chance to try to read codes out of it yet will try tomorrow. Thanks bike is a 98 Fifth gen with 48000 on it 

11J, did this issue get resolved?

Archived