VF1000F/R Included Valve Angle

DonR

Hi guys, new member from Sydney Australia here. I was wondering if anyone knows or has literature on what the included valve angle is on these machines? I have a vague memory that it is 38 degrees but can't confirm it.

• Member Contributer

Hi Don, I'm on the Gold Coast...have I Clymer manual packed away(just moved), if no-one else comments before I'll dig it out tomorrow evening and have a look!
Craig.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Ok, so can't see anything in the Clymer either, they only reference marks etc.
When I get to it I'm going to get my cams and rockers welded and ground. I have spoken to someone at Tighe Cams up in Yatala on the coast here, they are prepared to work on the quad cams and did extensive R&D with HRC when they were racing these bikes. About $1100.00 - $1200.00 all up. They have different profiles to choose from....
07 32093704
Ps, reading another write up somewhere(vf750) grinding is recommended at 0.365" lift, 240deg duration, and 105deg love separation. More than this you've got valve spring issues, compression, fueling, piston clearance problems.
Hope this helps?

• Member Contributer

Hi Don. I feel a bit stupid right now.....was sitting here and just realized cams were not what you were talking about!
I have Greg Pullen's book on the Honda V4 on pg47 under links to the NR, it says Honda moved away from the classic 60 deg included angle to 38deg with the combustion chamber being much flatter than the domed hemi's....
Should have looked here first. So you were correct.

Archived