South central Indiana loop yesterday

Spent the day riding yesterday. I did a little over 160 miles. Some freeway, but mostly twisties, with a little partial gravel/pavement road. It was a pretty good ride with a few guys on various bikes. me on the 99 VFR, a Yamaha Super Tenere, an 883 Sportster, and a newish CB1100. We rode West on 44 to Martinsville then south from there toward Bloominton through the Morgan-Monroe state forest, then east on 45 to Beanblossom, south to Nashville via 135 then to Story. We stopped a few times to look at the map, stretch our legs, and get something to drink. Headed north form Story to and around Sweetwater and Cordry lakes, then the rest was highway home. The roads were mostly smooth aside from the occasional pothole which were naturally always on the worst places, and the stretch that was half gravel/half paved and littered with holes. Mostly hiccup free aside from tar strips getting the best of the guy on the CB1100 causing him to run wide off the edge of the road and I had a couple squirrely moments with the tar strips and a patch of gravel in the middle of a turn. Most dangerous snake in Indiana? The black-tar road snake. Everyone enjoyed the ride and no one went down so it was a good day.

05-29-17 Ride Route.JPG

Archived