• Member Contributer

May you ride eternally Nicky....

IMG-20170428-WA0058.thumb.jpg.cfe9fcd53c16b46a78ff338632837212.jpg

Assen 2017

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Unfortunately this time the statement is true. So sad as he was still very young.

Godspeed Nicky, R.I.P.

Sure is huh... 

Had the chance to met him once at Laguna , nice kid to have taken the time to say Hi and all.  Wow,  hard to believe 

DSCF1045.JPG

I would have never thought report of his death would make me so sad. Really sounded like a nice guy... RIP.

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Ironic: he survives participating in a Very dangerous high-speed sport for quite some time then is killed as a result of a bicycle crash. 

Moral of the story: Live every day to it's fullest; it may be your last.

• Member Contributer

Very sad.  Hurts when you've met them many times.  Always talked to him and his brothers at the races.  Very down to Earth, all 3, and Earl.  Feels like when Marco passed.  I had just spoken to him several months earlier.  Thoughts and prayers are with Earl's family, and Nick's fiancé.  She has to be absolutely destroyed.  Too young, much too young.  He was our last Jedi.  

• Member Contributer

I think Duccmann may have mentioned this before but when we were at the WSBK race and he was signing autographs, there was a cut off time as he was scheduled elsewhere that afternoon. There was still quite a long line when he had to leave and instead of just leaving, he walked down the line and was signing autographs as he was leaving.

I was also able to meet him and speak with him briefly at the D-Store grand opening just before he went to WSBK. A lot of people at the event were involved in the industry but there were also many guest who weren't and most were surprised on how friendly and approachable he was. I feel sad that we lost him but even more so for his fiancé and family.

This was taken at the D-Store event. You're going to be missed Nicky.

NickyHayden_zpsfxjggc71.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nicky was a man with class. It was obvious that he always worked his butt off. He never played games or gossiped about other riders, people, or teams. It is unfathomable the level of natural talent required to win an AMA 600 supersport title alone, then Nicky goes up from there. Way up. An AMA superbike championship in 2002 when the class was roaring with mutliple factory entries, Mladin and other greats. Motogp 2006. Nuf said. But the talent and work ethic alone wouldn't have resulted in those accomplishments - he had that something more that we are all chiming in about here.

Why does it have to be one of the best quality guys out there?

RIP Nicky. :sad:

• Member Contributer

God bless you, brother. You will GREATLY be missed.

MotoGP World Champion Nicky "The Kentucky Kid" Hayden. RIP.

nicky-hayden.jpg

• Member Contributer

Still can't believe it.  Such a loss to the racing community and humankind.  First met the Kentucky Kid at Willow Springs when he was, well, a kid.  Sixteen if I recall.  Well mannered, polite young man...and fast.  Remained so as an adult.  His family, fiancé and teammates must be devastated.

Reminds us how fleeting life is, enjoy it while you can.

• Member Contributer

RIP Kentucky Kid. I haven't followed racing for a while but always checked to see how Nicky was doing. Saddened to hear about his accident and now his passing. My condolences to his family and friends.

• Member Contributer

IMAG7149_1.thumb.jpg.b88d73a75782338a4123bc3aaa8fdded.jpg

I used to rattle some cages with my "Nicky Who?" comments here; rest assured I knew what he had achieved and that he was a good person..

• Member Contributer
God bless you, brother. You will GREATLY be missed.

MotoGP World Champion Nicky "The Kentucky Kid" Hayden. RIP.
nicky-hayden.jpg.15395ad06a36f1b09cdb1542df2219ab.jpg

What is the source of this photo? Would like to download​ a high resolution images for my desktop.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
18 minutes ago, 2thdr said:

What is the source of this photo? Would like to download a high resolution images for my desktop.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I found it on his tweeter page.

Ken Hill shared this. Going to miss Nicky, a truly great guy. 

What I posted on social media today....

The first time I officially met Nick Hayden was at a Freddie Spencer Riding school at the end of 2006. NH had just won the World Championship, next years Moto GP bikes were going to 800cc and NH was there to ride with Freddie, working on his next steps for the new era of displacement. Nicky walked in the instructor dressing room that first morning, and after some small talk said, ‘Hey guys, this is what I’m working on, let me know what I can do better….” So for the next few days, we rode with NH, watched Freddie work with him and had full access to his thought process of his riding. 

Those few days (and a few more like that later) were instrumental in building the methodology and the language I use today. Sitting on the inside of the track at LVMS with Nick Ienatsch, we watched Nicky ride, lap after lap, later talking with him and decoding his thoughts, simply a priceless experience. Nicky’s thought process to his riding was simple, which became the cornerstone for how I teach today. There was no complication, just a very clear and concise way of hauling ass. His dedication to training, to be better at his craft, was simply unparalleled as witnessed by him running low on gas, coming in, filling up to go ride again and never getting off the bike. He just wanted to be better. 

Losing Nicky is more than losing a good dude. Losing Nicky is losing a piece of what we all wanted to be. His dream and our dream, that a Kentucky kid, brought up in a great family environment through hard work, sacrifice and dedication, could be a MotoGP World Champion. 

Losing Nicky seems surreal. It can’t be. He was so much hope and inspiration for SO MANY people, larger than life, yet somehow completely reachable, as witnessed by many of the riders I work with that rode and trained with him. Losing Nicky hurts on so many levels, but I will do as Nicky would do – share what you do with others, never stop working at being better and to keep riding. Godspeed NH. 

Ken Hill

Archived