5th Gem Header

interceptor69

• Member Contributer

I am keeping close tabs on the custom header build that is ongoing as I speak. But if that doesn't work I am assuming that there are still other options available, including from the factory. Mine are rusted and I know at some point they will have to be replaced regardless of whether they're Factory or not. has anyone ordered a header straight from Honda as a factory replacement?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ya know that's a pretty straight forward question, the dealer here says, Honda has it in the works being made for the 98-99 vfr 800 by a company called Vintage parts Inc.   go figure.  any who they are listed at $712.00,  but as it reads they are on back order, so no telling from the conversation how long out they are.  Yes,  we, I,  are still working out the bug a boos here on a header, just ran into something interesting.   ;) 

• Member Contributer

There's a set of stock headers in the classifieds (Mr. John) that have been stored since approx 3000 miles. (I know this because I recently sold them to him along with a 5th Gen I owned for almost 20 years. I installed aftermarket the first year).

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the info. Still hoping the header project will bear fruit tho!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived