'17 VFR v. '17 Ducati SuperSport S (MCN Comparo)

GatorGreg

Where did I flip flop? What are you even trying to say? Any time Ducati is even mentioned, you chime in with you "lol Ducatis are stupid, they break every three days, Honda 4 lyfe, pic/video drop" bullshit. I've argued that that isn't true. My two quotes don't contradict each other. I never said that a Ducati would be as reliable as a Honda, but they don't break every thirty seconds like you seem to think. That you call my first quote "utterly absurd" is just hilarious. That you take that to mean that I said that a Ducati will give you no more problems than a 18-year-old Honda motor design and is far superior tells me just how stupidly defensive you are for a brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
3 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

Where did I flip flop? What are you even trying to say? Any time Ducati is even mentioned, you chime in with you "lol Ducatis are stupid, they break every three days, Honda 4 lyfe, pic/video drop" bullshit. I've argued that that isn't true. My two quotes don't contradict each other. I never said that a Ducati would be as reliable as a Honda, but they don't break every thirty seconds like you seem to think. That you call my first quote "utterly absurd" is just hilarious. That you take that to mean that I said that a Ducati will give you no more problems than a 18-year-old Honda motor design and is far superior tells me just how stupidly defensive you are for a brand.

mnzdxw.jpg

I had test ridden a couple of monsters at a demo event, only got to sit on the SS, but it reminded me of my old vfr. So I decided to look for a used vfr, and it turned out Honda still made the vfr, and you could get one pretty cheap. So I did. Thanks Ducati. 

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, jimmyp said:

I had test ridden a couple of monsters at a demo event, only got to sit on the SS, but it reminded me of my old vfr. So I decided to look for a used vfr, and it turned out Honda still made the vfr, and you could get one pretty cheap. So I did. Thanks Ducati. 

LOL - yeah Honda did an awful job marketing such a great bike - hardly anyone knows what my bike is even though it has shiny VFR Interceptor badges stuck to the side - more often than not they think it's a Ducati :tongue:

On 05/01/2018 at 3:20 PM, GatorGreg said:

LOL - surely you must be joking?  I wouldn't trust a Ducati to get me out of my own driveway - and it's downhill! :tongue:

One of the most archaic, ridiculous, outdated, dinosaur opinions I have ever read. Modern VFR's break down as much as any modern Ducati.

Dude, you don't make YouTube videos and you don't use memes when you start to cry because someone doesn't worship Honda, its best to just leave it. You don't count, even if you've owned Ducatis.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, jhenley17 said:

Haha, no, his memes just totally showed me, I'm done.

Thanks for playing - your consolation prizes are a pair of flip flops and some much needed butt-hurt ointment :tongue:

23e4c9f709728309a14e726d832d3fbe.jpg

31577a87482b870ad6f3707836f75dd4--ems-hu

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, jhenley17 said:

You got me, totally got me. Not sure how I'll recover.

LMAO - you literally just said you were "done" and yet you're still posting in this thread - you really are a flip flopper!  As far as recovery, I'd suggest joining Flip Floppers Anonymous and going for a ride on your Ducati - just remember to bring a fire extinguisher :tongue:

I can tell you like to read, Greg. That's definitely an asset for you, keep it up. No, I've conceded that when it comes to motorcycles, you really know your stuff. I'm just here to congratulate you on these sick burns. I've never seen such wit before, I am in awe.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

I can tell you like to read, Greg. That's definitely an asset for you, keep it up. No, I've conceded that when it comes to motorcycles, you really know your stuff. I'm just here to congratulate you on these sick burns. I've never seen such wit before, I am in awe.

:schla15:

• Member Contributer

Getting back to the subject of this thread, here's a linto Michael Neeves' written companion piece to the MCN videthat was the subject of my original post - there are several interesting comments in the written article that didn't make it to the video:

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/motorcycle-news-uk/20170412/284275299987554

• Member Contributer

FWIW, approximately 10 years ago, a forum member on this forum went very "negative and baby-like", got pounced on unmercifully for a LONG LONG period of time, and the entire forum lost.  I, for one, didn't take part, and in fact, just left the place for a long long time.  Don't underestimate some things.......you fill in the blanks.    

No real mention of the price difference between the VFR-14 & Super sports.

You could add a slip on, quick shifter and Lithium battery to the VFR, still be cheaper than the basic super sports and would compare a bit better being a little bit lighter, bit more power and sounding that much more awesome! :tongue:

You could even empty out 5 litres of fuel and take off the centre stand for another several kilo weight reduction. When the fuel guage reads empty, just fill up with 13 litres instead of 18 litres and voila, a 16 litre fuel tank just like a super sports!

IMG_0398.thumb.JPG.86f9eebcf04f3238d476233ceba6fc83.JPGIMG_0401.thumb.JPG.57b304e9325c27ebd168e8ad3e21b85b.JPGWhen comparing the 2014 + Interceptor/VFR  to the Ducati SuperSport you have to factor in what  the price is NOW. Even with a slip on exhaust I was still a little under $ 7000 +tax/lic...... while the base Ducati SuperSport is $12000-$13000 + more tax/lic here in So Cal. You would also have to spend $329 for a seat that is lower and $259 for a rear seat cover .....both are included in the Interceptor, though you give up traction control/abs/etc on the base model.

It always comes down to personal preference and money and the Interceptor looks pretty good !      P.S.  I know the Ducati is new vs the Interceptor has   been out for a while. So if you want more HP/lighter/ newer tech you get it in the Ducati .....it just cost a lot more. 

Messages.app.zip

Archived