Jock3

I noticed this thread on a French VFR Forum (where I am not registered):

http://www.vfr-cdf.net/t45476-custom-de-mon-rc36-termine-nouvelle-presentation

The picture shows this fairing with a custom headlight integration but the thread does not say anything interesting... 

I might need to register to be able to discover more ;-)

As far as I know, poly-26 provides mostly fairings for racing purpose. All road fairings have no holes drilled (but they claim they are marked) nor mean to attach the OEM lights and turn signals. 

I'll read up in the forums and look for more info as well. But it shure looks pretty good. On their website they have brackets for instruments and lights and cables. As what I've found out they use other plastic than ABS-plastics. I think I read that , with very much reservations, they used polyester plastics. It's less expensive apparently. 

With that kit and a custom exhaust,that is good bang for the buck. 

As for fitment  I don't know since my NR750 replica kit was made for CBR900 therefor it didn't fit at all, but quality and strength of the glassfiber body panels is pretty good, you'll need a finishing hand and adjusting the details a litte,

Be aware of small air bubbles in the topcoat that only shows when sanding the surface

everything is rough cutted expect a lot of finishing

Looks like an interesting project

feel free to ask about molding in fiberglass

58dbff055bbee_2017-03-2920_35_46.png.ed98a439436ce9e09051093ba056426d.png

• Member Contributer
On 3/29/2017 at 5:54 AM, Jock3 said:

They've done a pretty good job of disguising/integrating the 3rd gen's massive frame "wings", I have to admit, but really the best way to do that is to start with a 4th gen frame!

Ciao,

I thought so to. One of the best "cover ups" so far. 

Well, it might be... But if the option of bike NOT is to buy a new one and the one you got is a 3rd gen. The best way is to be satisfied with the one you got. But we all know that customisation is a must. 

• 7 months later...

Archived