• 30-39 years
    • 40-49 years
    • 50-59 years
    • 60-69 years
    • 70-79 years

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29, but my back is 89. Want more bikes, but I don't see being VFR-less any time soon. Hoping this one will still be around in 20 or 30 years if I don't wear it out.

• Member Contributer

Looking at the poll so far, 70% of VFR owners are 40 years old or older.  Interesting.

I'm 38, but I've had VFR's since age 24.

Looking at the data (as limited as it is) would lead me to believe that VFR owners are previous owners of all-out-sport-bikes, that wanted something less hard edged, without getting away from that style of bike completely.

Is that generally the case with VFR owners? (it's not for me BTW)

I'm younger, never had an RR (or a single R). I want a razor-sharp toy, but I mostly skipped on it this time because I wanted something I could ride daily without exacerbating my back problems. I also don't like having something you see all the time, and you very rarely see VFRs or hear V4s around here. In my life, I've seen two other VFRs in this state, a couple of ST1300s, a Tuono 1100, a VMax, and a Ducati ST4. The last two not even on the road, but on dealer floors.

• 3 months later...

I'm 39, gonna be 40 next Feb. Been riding since 2003. First bike was a brand new '03 Suzuki SV650S. Drove that for 3+ years. After a 5 year hiatus (Marriage, Kids, new house to renovate), I ended up owning a 2001 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. Had that for 4 years and sold it to buy a brand new left over 2014 VFR800 DLX last May 2016. Loving this bike. It has so far been the bike that most suits my riding style/needs/wants. The fit and finish is perfect. The power is good to great. My only complaints would be the weight and perhaps front forks (love some inverted forks).

I don't thin I would see myself changin this bike unless Honda were to release a VFR1000 with the same weight and abour 140-150HP!

On 6/7/2017 at 11:30 AM, LucaBrasi said:

Looking at the data (as limited as it is) would lead me to believe that VFR owners are previous owners of all-out-sport-bikes, that wanted something less hard edged, without getting away from that style of bike completely.

I'm 32 and have had my 8th gen for 2 years now. I started with a 1978 cb550. The new bike is like a Bentley compared to that thing! Btw I got called old by a bunch of squids last week. They were surprised when I took my helmet off. They said old dudes ride vfrs with saddlebags! I said nope, just dudes that actually ride. 

Here are my two steeds. I use the BMW the most as it is just a brilliant bike although when I ride the Viffer it does well and brings a big smile to my face. I bought it as a winter bike but don't like getting it dirty. I ride about 9000+ per year and get to Europe twice a year this was to Gap to ride the cols in the Alps with 26 other Old Gits. I was born 1940 and have been riding on and off since 1958.

P1030789.JPG

Been riding VFR's (along with ST1300 and FJR 1300) for about 18 years.  Previously owned a '97 VFR and a 2000 VFR.  My wife just bought me a '15 VFR 800 for my 71st birthday.  Just got back from a roundtrip from So. Georgia to Colorado Springs, Colo.  Age really is attitude and a state of mind.

• Member Contributer
On 6/7/2017 at 10:30 AM, LucaBrasi said:

I had a Honda 350 Scrambler for a year back in '69 - '70. Since then it has been only fifth gens (5) for me. I feel I got really lucky when I returned to riding. Every rider I knew had HDs. Went to a test-ride day at HD dealer, set on a Sporster, but was too late for the demo. Went next door to Honda dealer and test rode a 750 Shadow. On the highway I cranked the throttle and there was not adrenaline rush. So smaller V twins were not going to cut it. (I've always been a Small Is Beautiful person.)

Went back to the mc want ads in the Minneapolis paper and came across an '01 with 4,000 mi in 2006. Went online to see what they were and found a Living With The VFR article. My goal was a bike I could take long distance riding while camping. And this one seemed Perfect. Went to see it and realized how beautiful it was too. Sold! For life!

At age 68 , it's Nothing Else For Me.  

• Member Contributer

Turned 52 this summer while touring all 48 states on my 6th Gen with a guitar mounted on the side. Bought an 8th Gen on the trip and hitting the Tail of the Dragon this weekend for nice break in ride! Check out my trip at Popp Over America!

tailofthedragon1200px.thumb.jpg.b50e6ccb09d334bbfefd5ef3a9b4640a.jpg

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, joepopp said:

Turned 52 this summer while touring all 48 states on my 6th Gen with a guitar mounted on the side. Bought an 8th Gen on the trip and hitting the Tail of the Dragon this weekend for nice break in ride! Check out my trip at Popp Over America!

tailofthedragon1200px.thumb.jpg.b50e6ccb09d334bbfefd5ef3a9b4640a.jpg

I'll be there 

David.jpg

On 3/23/2017 at 7:48 PM, LucaBrasi said:

My first post here - Hi everyone

Seriously considering buying a VFR800 this weekend, I'd be getting back into motorcycling after a number of years hiatus.

Just curious - how old are the owners of the VFR?

he'' s sleeping with the gixxers

Archived