Carb walkthrough vs repair manual. 83 750

MadMike05

Hey guys, I have a question about cleaning the carburetors on my 83. On the manual wish you would see in a  picture below, manual shows the front two cylinders are #2 and 4 which i agree with on the walkthrough posted on anther topic.

When you reference the picture posted in the walk through it does not match the manual as far as which cylinders are number two and four respectively. This may be confusing, only because I am confused at the moment, but please see the pictures below and notice I engraved the caps with the cylinder number and advise if I have the correct order.

Thank you

Ps the first picture of of my service manual.

The second is my cleaned carbs 

The third is the designated locations for each carb as per the walkthrough 

20170323_184306.jpg

20170323_184422.jpg

imageproxy.jpg

• Member Contributer

The image below is from the Honda service manual. Just the same as the Clymer manual.

VF750.jpg

• Member Contributer

Someone correct me if I'm wrong......The CYLINDER number has to do with firing order and engine repairs. The CARB number is a reference for which carb is the base carb for synching, and if there is a specific order in which to synchronize them.

• Member Contributer

Looking at your pictures it looks like yours are numbered correctly.

The bottom picture does look incorrect, if it is the same set of carbs facing the same direction.

On the VF series, from a seated position:

Front left is #2

Front right is #4

Rear left is #1

Rear right is #3

On the carbrail #4 is the one carb where the throttle cables attaches to. That #4 is the carb where all the other carbs have to be synched to...

Archived