A

Knipsel.JPG.1a7c63dc9b082be1853588805a5bff45.JPG

without a clue....  :goofy:

Into the great white open

Tom Petty (RIP)

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, Jock3 said:

Single headlight, yes. Italian, i dont know. 😊

Only the Italian-spec 3rd gen VFRs had the single headlight.  But the Italians got the normal double headlight for 1994 (no idea what changed in the regulations, if anything)...

Ciao,

13 hours ago, JZH said:

Only the Italian-spec 3rd gen VFRs had the single headlight.  But the Italians got the normal double headlight for 1994 (no idea what changed in the regulations, if anything)...

Ciao,

Ahaa. I dont think this one is made for italian market. Perhaps a happy camper changed it some time long long ago. 

• Member Contributer

Yeah some crazy non-harmonised rules across the EU....   

In NL, the rule was you could only have two headlights on at the same time (other than high beam) as long as they "appeared as one".....

So while "technically" I was non compliant with Dutch/German/Belgian rules, I never ever got/get pulled over..

PB020704.thumb.JPG.842ffd5bfb4e019ea575c192c28780eb.JPG

10 (2).jpg

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, Jock3 said:

Ahaa. I dont think this one is made for italian market. Perhaps a happy camper changed it some time long long ago. 

Possible, but unlikely.  Even finding an Italian-spec headlight in Sweden (not already attached to an Italian-spec VFR) would have been challenging!  Unfortunately, with bikes  from this era it is not possible to determine their original destination market from the VIN alone, though surely Honda knows.   Does the wiring harness have two bulb holders, or just one?  There is a unique wiring harness for the Italian-spec bikes (pn. ends in 770), which I have never seen, but in theory could have just one bulb holder.

Ciao,

16 hours ago, JZH said:

Possible, but unlikely.  Even finding an Italian-spec headlight in Sweden (not already attached to an Italian-spec VFR) would have been challenging!  Unfortunately, with bikes  from this era it is not possible to determine their original destination market from the VIN alone, though surely Honda knows.   Does the wiring harness have two bulb holders, or just one?  There is a unique wiring harness for the Italian-spec bikes (pn. ends in 770), which I have never seen, but in theory could have just one bulb holder.

Ciao,

It looks like, with the unfortunate bad view i had, as if there is just one bulb holder 

IMG_20180413_33101.jpg

Was out on the country going at it as I usually do. 30 sen after the first picture...exhaust pipe seperated. So. Of with the exhaust and I am bringing it to work for re-mount 

Its always something. 

IMG_20180415_5603.jpg

IMG_20180415_11554.jpg

Dear viffer gurus help :

Today when i was riding the bike started "buggning" by 7000rpm. The gasoline was new and i've covered 100km yesterday without any problems. After a while the bugging crept lower down in the rpm-register to about 5000rpm. With further more new petrol the issue was still there. 

Haven't got the chance to look at the spark plugs yet (i was out on thin anf long 21mm socket).

Do you have any ideas? I've planned to check: sparkplugs, gasfilter, drained the tank on any debrie, clean the airfilter. But what more? 

IMG_20180422_35988.jpg

• Member Contributer

Do you mean "bogging"?  All of a sudden, won't rev, no power?  

This is a long thread, but have you tested your charging system voltage?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
On 22-4-2018 at 6:57 PM, Jock3 said:

IMG_20180422_28198.jpg

IMG_20180422_41126.jpg

Ah!!!!   there is your problem!

You are only running 3 sparkplugs in a V4 engine..... :goofy:

Nah, what JZH said, check the Vdc (over the battery terminals) and Vac (3 yellow wires in the RR) outputs.

The fact that the problem occurred after 100km (ie engine is getting hotter an hotter) point to the alternator. 

after you did your measurements (remember you want the engine to heat up well) and you donot get ~70-80 Vac @ 5,000rpm, I would buy a gasket for the alternator cover and pull it. (you might get lucky and the gasket stays intact, but chances are it will rip) With the bike upright, I never drained any oil (on my 4th gen). If your altenator coils looked like a steak that has been on the bbq for 1 hour......

More troubleshooting

All sparkplugs were inspected and did ignite. Looks good ( a bit red/brownish) and as ppl have written before, the vfr:s seem to be running a bit lean 

Starter gas around diaphragms and carburetor rubber indicated a small increase i rpm's by the 2 and 4th cylinder. But i dont know IF its "normal" with the airfilter lid off. 

IMG_20180426_28508.jpg

• Member Contributer

ohhhhh nice,  we need videos now...

Archived