1st Annual VFRD Spring Memorial Ride

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1b19a482032e32bef0ed964a4d25e47b.jpg
Into the beast again! Front CCT. Anything else comes up, I'm riding the CB500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

You should be about done by now. Is there anything left to go wrong? ........forget I typed that. We shall will it to be all better after this.

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Sweeper said:

Into the beast again! Front CCT. Anything else comes up, I'm riding the CB500.

Time to bring it to NE TN for your BRP ride with your daughter, I have 2nd and 4th Gen you can ride while I play with yours....

Time to bring it to NE TN for your BRP ride with your daughter, I have 2nd and 4th Gen you can ride while I play with yours....

Thanks. Don't know when that will happen. Her schedule stays full with more important things. I'm pretty sure the beast needs a starter valve sync. The good news is that it's rideable for the moment.
I'm planning to meet a couple of Canadians on Sunday before the spring ride. Three days on the best roads. You should join us.

Hello all, just to remind everyone the hotel cut off for the special pricing is the 19th!!

please make sure you register on event brite or you won't be guaranteed food, beer, or a shirt!

thanks again!

-Ben

• Member Contributer
On 4/15/2017 at 8:38 PM, zeer0 said:

You should be about done by now. Is there anything left to go wrong? ........forget I typed that. We shall will it to be all better after this.

I think he's just bored or he subscribed to my maintenance strategies.

• Member Contributer
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, Sweeper said:

Thanks. Don't know when that will happen. Her schedule stays full with more important things. I'm pretty sure the beast needs a starter valve sync. The good news is that it's rideable for the moment.
I'm planning to meet a couple of Canadians on Sunday before the spring ride. Three days on the best roads. You should join us.

Maybe we can meet you for day two and three of the ride, the previous weekend we will be at VIR watching the MotoAmerica races.  Possibly meet you somewhere on route on Day one, just see how it all plays out.

I think he's just bored or he subscribed to my maintenance strategies.

The Beast has its own strategy. I hardly ever have time for bored and as little as I ride, nearly no maintenance.

• Member Contributer
On 4/15/2017 at 8:32 AM, RDMcD said:

Add another Canadian to the list!

This ride used to bring Knucks down in hordes. I miss many of my Near Northern Neighbors (N to the third power). RDguy where are you?

I tried to book a room yesterday after work. The guy said I had to call between 7 & 3 to talk to the person doing the VFR bookings. Tried calling before work & during my two breaks today. No one was answering the phone. Finally got through after work, 4:00 EDT and got put on hold for 15 minutes. I was then told that there are no rooms left, VFR or otherwise. GRRRR!

Guess I'll be making other plans. 

16 hours ago, dabirk23 said:

I tried to book a room yesterday after work. The guy said I had to call between 7 & 3 to talk to the person doing the VFR bookings. Tried calling before work & during my two breaks today. No one was answering the phone. Finally got through after work, 4:00 EDT and got put on hold for 15 minutes. I was then told that there are no rooms left, VFR or otherwise. GRRRR!

Guess I'll be making other plans. 

I called yesterday around 3-4pm and spoke with someone AS I REALIZED I FORGOT TO RESEVE MY OWN ROOM! She gladly took my reservation and said they had about 6-8 rooms with queen beds left for those dates. 

I would storngly urge you to call again today. 

I hope to see you there!

-PRB

In other news folks, I have tried to take this ride and make it about local businesses as well as the great roads.

so with that being said, we will be getting kegs of beer again, but this time it will be Amber Ale from Lazy Hiker Brewing Co. which is based out of Franklin. 

We will also be catering a full meal for Saturday dinner from a locally owned BBQ restaurant. 

You wont want to miss out, so PLEASE REGISTER ON EVENTBRITE!

Thanks!

-PRB

22 hours ago, PirateRiderBen said:

I called yesterday around 3-4pm and spoke with someone AS I REALIZED I FORGOT TO RESEVE MY OWN ROOM! She gladly took my reservation and said they had about 6-8 rooms with queen beds left for those dates. 

I would storngly urge you to call again today. 

I hope to see you there!

-PRB

Called this morning. Was able to get a single room. Woohoo! I'll just have to bring my own refrigerator. :)

• Member Contributer
On 4/20/2017 at 9:13 AM, PirateRiderBen said:

AS I REALIZED I FORGOT TO RESEVE MY OWN ROOM!

-PRB

:goofy:

• Member Contributer
On 4/20/2017 at 8:13 AM, PirateRiderBen said:

AS I REALIZED I FORGOT TO RESEVE MY OWN ROOM!

:excl:

• Member Contributer

The registration closes on May 5th so my printer has time for the shirts. If you can't swing it by then, let me know via P.M. and we can figure something out.  Just an F.Y.I.

Ahhh! The one weekend I have a wedding this summer. I would have loved to attend otherwise. Any possibility of purchasing a shirt without attending the event?

I can't believe the Self Promotion here! 

:goofy:

I like it!!!!!!! Looks like a very nice 5th gen up there with Beetle Bags riding 2-up. :-)

If we go with that one, I might want extras.

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, VFRpwr said:

Getting ready to flip the calendar page over to May and start crossing off days!

Am I there yet?!

• Member Contributer

Eventbrite Registration ends at midnight tonight, May 5th, E.D.T. I'm putting in the t-shirt order Monday morning. Anyone that wants to register after tonight, p.m. me here or email me at zeer0rc46@gmail.com and we can work it out. Thanks, Jay

Archived