1st Annual VFRD Spring Memorial Ride

Hello to all!

This year we will be returning to the Microtel in Franklin NC for the 1st Spring Memorial Ride. (Formerly known as the Texasmac Memorial Ride)

The dates are May 18-21 2017.

Rates are as follows Thursday 75$, Friday and Saturday 85$, and Sunday 69$.

Please note that unlike previous years, the hotel will not be holding a set number of rooms. As of this week there were 41 available. In order to get the special rate please make sure you identify yourself as a VFRD member! THE CUT OFF IS APRIL 19th!

All I've worked out so far is the hotel. Please keep checking back as I do intend to set up an Eventbrite registration in order to allow folks to register and pay for shirts, food, and beer. 

Hope to see you all there!!

-PRB

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not been to any of these events.  And it looks like some of the events have multiple names.  Regardless, I'm confused so will just stick to the dates, rather than the names of these events.  I was wondering if camping was also possible/advisable at any of these events?  I may try to make it out to a few meet ups this season.

Art

Texasmac or Tmac has been the traditional spring ride the last 13 years.

it was in honor of a forum member and friend of BaileyRock's who passed away after a bike crash years ago.

BaileyRock no longer is able to commit the time to plan this event and out of respect I have changed the name to the Spring Memorials Ride. 

We meet and stay at a hotel in Franklin so there isn't any camping on site. You certainly may choose accommodations that fit your style and budget and feel free to come have a beer with us at the hotel and meet up for rides!

-Ben

• Member Contributer

Yes.  I want to know more please.

Never mind.  Can't get used tot he way this new website works.

I'm in.

Will be booking the room today.

See y'all there.

And again, thanks Ben for keeping the tradition alive!

• Member Contributer
On 2/17/2017 at 7:57 PM, artpongs said:

I have not been to any of these events.  And it looks like some of the events have multiple names.  Regardless, I'm confused so will just stick to the dates, rather than the names of these events.  I was wondering if camping was also possible/advisable at any of these events?  I may try to make it out to a few meet ups this season.

Art

You are in the correct place, sir!  Hope to see you there.

• Member Contributer

I was already planning to be staying and riding with a group from another forum and basing out of Kickstand Lodge in Stecoah, NC. I'd sure enjoy meeting some of y'all, doing a little riding and getting a shirt.

Artpongs, if you're into camping, come up and join us. Great campground and the friendliest people ever. It's about 40 mins from Franklin on 28.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Damnit !!!

There is an MSTA (motorcycle sport touring association) ride scheduled for that weekend.  The event is based out of the Hub motorcycle resort which is about 10 miles from our humble abode.  I did not get to attend the ride last year due to an out of town wedding that we had to attend.   I have been informed that I must attend the event this year. (they need someone that is good looking and to be the brunt of jokes)

I will continue to keep up with the progress of the Spring Memorial ride and participate vicariously through stories of all of the antics.   Hopefully  there will be another smokies event/ride that we can partake in the 'fun'! 

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, oyama said:

Do you have or need any t-shirt ideas?

Yes Bálint, I'm doing the shirts this year, so any ideas you or anyone else have would be greatly appreciated. I'll be getting the sport fabric that we had prior to last year, but that's as far as I've got. 

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, zeer0 said:

Yes Bálint, I'm doing the shirts this year, so any ideas you or anyone else have would be greatly appreciated. I'll be getting the sport fabric that we had prior to last year, but that's as far as I've got. 

Thanks, let me see what my graphically skilled friends can do.

• Member Contributer
On 2/20/2017 at 10:14 AM, gloryracing said:

they need someone that is good looking and to be the brunt of jokes

I'm sure your super mini tank bag adds to the look.

On 2/20/2017 at 9:01 AM, SCguy said:

I was already planning to be staying and riding with a group from another forum and basing out of Kickstand Lodge in Stecoah, NC. 

No adventure riding this this year dammit!

• Member Contributer
  No adventure riding this this year dammit!

Oh, come on. We could lead a procession of VFRs through the mud. I got to track down the video of you going all Charlie and Ewan.

P112014b4_zpsukut85xh.jpg

I mean, we stayed upright last time, right?

Clean bikes are over rated.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 2017. 02. 20. at 5:05 PM, oyama said:

Thanks, let me see what my graphically skilled friends can do.

Would any of this work?

IMG_7738.PNG

IMG_7739.PNG

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, timmythecop said:

Are you coming?

To the event, that is...:comp13:

Room booked and can't wait!

Arriving Saturday, see you all back at the Microtel Tuesday night.

• Member Contributer

It says Robbinsville, NC. ??

I do like the design. How about a VFR tach on the back? I love that one!

• Member Contributer

Booked room today. Trem and I will arrive Thursday. I'm going to Trem's place on Monday the 15th in Anderson GA and we'll do some riding before Thursday so perhaps we'll see some of yous early.

Waiting In Wild Anticipation.

• Member Contributer
On 3/3/2017 at 6:15 PM, Baileyrock said:

Is that Yellow Wolf out front on a Wing just passing a string of VFR's? 

No, It is s 5th gen with fancy saddle bags. The t-shirt is based in this picture.

img_8472 VFRD.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 3/3/2017 at 10:06 PM, MaxSwell said:

It says Robbinsville, NC. ??

I do like the design. How about a VFR tach on the back? I love that one!

I have shown my graphically skilled friend all past t-shirts. Apparently that city name stuck with her. Of course it can be changed.

Archived