Left side radiator hose discontinued?

Umm......I might have one, but won't be able to tell you for sure until May, as I won't be back home until then. I converted to the Samco hoses, and don't remember what I did with my old ones to be honest. I usually don't toss stuff like that out. Remind me in late May by a PM, and I'll see if I still have it, if you still need one by then.

19500-MT4-000 might be another (albeit older) reference to search... they may have kept stock for 10 years but it's been 20 years or more now... I'll ask on the Spanish forum if anyone has one lying around...

Is it the 3rd or 4th gen (maybe they are identical...)?

Edit;

OK your reference is from the 4th gen but maybe mine (3rd gen) is identical?

• Member Contributer

They are different, I think due to different fairings.  I'm sure I have one spare (after fitting the Samcos).  It's yours--for services rendered to the VFRD community--if you want it.  (It's the MT4 part, if that makes a difference to your project.)

Ciao,

Either one would likely work, and I certainly appreciate the offer! I'm using it to connect a 4th gen radiator to a naked '99 bike.

I really wouldn't mind buying Samco versions either, but I gave up finding them after a brief search. 5th gen right side, 4th gen left.

• Member Contributer

Samco can be had via racebikebitz in the UK.  Pricey, but available.  I know, because they used my 3rd gen to get the hose measurements:

HON-93-800x800.JPG

Hmmm.  Now I'm wondering if they sent me the originals back...  I will have look in the shed tomorrow.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Sorry, Seb, I cannot find either of the top hoses I thought I had.  The one from my FL I must have given to Rick Oliver for his RC30/36 hybrid, and I'm guessing that Racebikebitz kept the one from my FP when they sent me the Samcos.  Bummer...

Ciao,

I can get a used 3rd gen OEM one for you, fate would have it a colleague from my Spanish mob has just announced he is parting out his (perfectly functional) 3rd gen...

I think this may also serve your needs... Spain again...

https://www.milanuncios.com/recambios-y-despieces-de-motos/manguitos-agua-honda-vfr-750-92-rc36-200415327.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Seb,

We just completed a group buy on the Hawk GT forum from this company that replicated all 5 hoses for us, you may want to contact them regarding a custom hose or single hose. Or all of the hoses.

http://www.thermalflex.com/

Also, this company has been posting on the forums also offering custom hoses if the prior one doesn't work out:

https://moto-hose.myshopify.com

Hope it works out

Art

On 2/22/2017 at 7:09 PM, SEBSPEED said:

Waiting to hear back from Bruce @racebikebitzusa for pricing on single Samco hoses.

Custom bike, custom problems...

gallery_5444_7585_370310.jpg

gallery_5444_7585_88220.jpg

How did you make the tank/seat/subframe filler panels? Those look AMAZING!!! I have struggled with that section of my VFR since fotting the RC-51 tail section, and have not come up with a solution that I'm happy with.

1 hour ago, douglasthecook said:

How did you make the tank/seat/subframe filler panels? Those look AMAZING!!! I have struggled with that section of my VFR since fotting the RC-51 tail section, and have not come up with a solution that I'm happy with.

They are a combination of the oem CBR plastic fillers and some extensions that I made from scratch, and then covered with carbon fiber. The rear portion pins in place as on the CBR, the front is held to the tank with industrial velcro, as on Suzuki fairings... (lol)

15 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

They are a combination of the oem CBR plastic fillers and some extensions that I made from scratch, and then covered with carbon fiber. The rear portion pins in place as on the CBR, the front is held to the tank with industrial velcro, as on Suzuki fairings... (lol)

Ok, that helps, thanks!

Seb my mate over in Spain is asking 15 Euros (postage aside) for the one off his 89000Km RC36-I (3rd gen) from 1993.

If you want it, I'llcover the postage for all the favours you've done me over time.

14 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Seb my mate over in Spain is asking 15 Euros (postage aside) for the one off his 89000Km RC36-I (3rd gen) from 1993.

If you want it, I'llcover the postage for all the favours you've done me over time.

Thanks very much, I've got a discount code for the Samco parts and should have an invoice soon. If anything goes south with them, I'll be in touch! :)

Archived