Will there be a TMAC 2017 ??

Well the TexasMac is now History!

I decided not to put out the efforts to put another one together, maybe it will return on the 20th anniversary?

If it continues this year or at all it will be put on by someone else and be just called the Tmac as I would like to at least reserve the name TexasMac for the 13 years of events I put on, for my own selfish pleasure. 

I hate for this to die, but I just don't have it in me this year.

Thanks again to everyone who ever helped in any way on past events and for every attendee!

Thank you!

BR

• Member Contributer

Thanks for all your hard work. Only made it one time and it was a blast. Hope to see you at some other events. 

• Member Contributer

Thanks again Kevin for the awesome job you have always done! As for the meet formally known as Texasmac, I say stay tuned my friends. Things are in the works. Can't leave everyone worried.

10 minutes ago, zeer0 said:

Thanks again Kevin for the awesome job you have always done! As for the meet formally known as Texasmac, I say stay tuned my friends. Things are in the works. Can't leave everyone worried.

Yes it's been a great event and lots of great folks attending and helping out!

Agreed, I'm pretty sure there will be a Tmac this year, just not me running it. Might be a good change and there are many good folks offering to help and or lead. :wink:

I'm stepping in to hopefully follow up the Texasmac legacy with an excellent ride occurring in Franklin around the same time this year.

Look for a a new thread this weekend with the juicy details.

Thanks again Kevin for all your hard work over the years. I doubt anything will ever top the legacy and the memories left from all your dedication to this forum and the ride itself.

-PRB

After hosting MANY rides in the AR Ozarks, Kevin, I certainly understand and respect your need/desire to step back for a change.  Thanx for all of your prior work and attention to the ride.

Just like to say that with as little as a 'date and location' determination a good ride could certainly develop. 

• Member Contributer

BR, your TexsasMac is immortal. You did a fabulous job and I can't thank you enough.

But know, if you do show up at the next version, and I suspect the chances are good, I hope to be first to buy your first frosty beverage.

I'm planning to, at least, visit trem near Atlanta the Monday of the prior week. Those microtel prices were tough to take. I'm grateful

to Todd for sharing the cost 2016.

And looking forward to the meet-up With Wild Anticipation.

• Member Contributer
On 2/9/2017 at 10:55 PM, PirateRiderBen said:

I'm stepping in to hopefully follow up the Texasmac legacy with an excellent ride occurring in Franklin around the same time this year.

Thanks again Kevin for all your hard work over the years. I doubt anything will ever top the legacy and the memories left from all your dedication to this forum and the ride itself.

-PRB

The Inaugural "PRB's Excellent Ride"?  Don't tease me...

• Member Contributer
On 2/9/2017 at 10:55 PM, PirateRiderBen said:

-PRB

YESS!!!

I almost got a heart attack when I read that there will not be a TMack this year.

It cannot die!

Ben - Thanks for keeping the flame alive.

Can't wait for the details. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, I hate to see this. But I know Kevin has been extremely dedicated to this event since its beginning. I also realize it takes a lot of effort and time to pull this together. A great BIG Thank You to Kevin and everyone else who assisted in these events over the year. Perhaps if we held the event every two or three years? But, someone else needs to step up and lead this, not Kevin.

Shoot, I already have my vacation reserved for that weekend, so I may just show up anyway.

See you all on the road,

Bill Mersch, aka MisterBill

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, MisterBill said:

Well, I hate to see this. But I know Kevin has been extremely dedicated to this event since its beginning. I also realize it takes a lot of effort and time to pull this together. A great BIG Thank You to Kevin and everyone else who assisted in these events over the year. Perhaps if we held the event every two or three years? But, someone else needs to step up and lead this, not Kevin.

Shoot, I already have my vacation reserved for that weekend, so I may just show up anyway.

See you all on the road,

Bill Mersch, aka MisterBill

Many VFRD members offered to pitch in and / or take over, but Kevin declined and asked that the traditional TMAC ride be renamed for personal reasons (you will have to ask him).  Details for the new ride may be found here:

Archived