Exhaust Info

Mountainrider

The VFR800 that I now own came with an exhaust system that does away with the catalytic converter. I also have the stock system . What are the opinions on doing away with the converter ? Will the bike lose some of it's torque ? It does have a power commander installed.  

• Member Contributer

can we get a picture of it. many different types out there. some are better than others. depends on what exhaust it is. if its two brothers or erion, I will buy it from you, cheap of course they are not worth anything :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Mountainrider said:

I got all my exhaust gaskets and seals yesterday so now I am ready to move along. I will have to use the stock mufflers for now. Just do not have the extra money at this time. 

Use the stock mufflers, just cut the end off , pull the guts out and weld em back up.

Looks stock, sounds better and looz wait. win win win

• 3 weeks later...

It is close to being finished still need the inner fairing pieces. Just had to take a break from spending money. Should get back on track next month. She runs great and that was my main concern since she had been setting so long. With only 5000 mile on her she is still new. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived