Multiple Bike Disorder (MBD)

• Member Contributer

Twin twins!! :fing02::fing02:

Brought home another 02 SP2 RC51 today, so many goodies on this bike, OZ wheels, full Akra exhaust, Fox shock, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, etc, and most of the oem included, too good of a deal to pass up on, I am so stoked! 😎

thumbnail_IMG_1007.jpg?width=1920&height

thumbnail_IMG_0990.jpg?width=1920&height

Gonna need to shift some stuff around in the garage but love having that problem... :smile: 

thumbnail_IMG_1006.jpg?width=1920&height

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Greedy are we??? :tongue:

We are jealous.... 😁🤜

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, VifferJ said:

Twin twins!! :fing02::fing02:

Brought home another 02 SP2 RC51 today, so many goodies on this bike, OZ wheels, full Akra exhaust, Fox shock, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, etc, and most of the oem included, too good of a deal to pass up on, I am so stoked! 😎

Gonna need to shift some stuff around in the garage but love having that problem... :smile: 

Well, I can only repeat what Stray said...Wow! Gold Wing might be taking up too much space, since you will probably get a 3rd RC within a week or two.  😉  

And, where's the HRC sticker?

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, Skids said:

Soooooo jealous.

Nice garage too. :beer:

Me toooooooo...jealousy is a curse, I keep telling myself, still very envious though.

Bloody registration and compulsory insurance fees kills any chance of catching the MBD bug over here!

There is what's called a Club Permit Scheme for bikes older than 25 years, this offers a very reduced rate registration fee, but has restrictions on the bike usage.

• Member Contributer
40 minutes ago, Grum said:

Me toooooooo...jealousy is a curse, I keep telling myself, still very envious though.

Bloody registration and compulsory insurance fees kills any chance of catching the MBD bug over here!

There is what's called a Club Permit Scheme for bikes older than 25 years, this offers a very reduced rate registration fee, but has restrictions on the bike usage.

Victorian govt are thieves & Vicroads registration is a scam

https://www.3aw.com.au/neil-mitchell-victorians-have-paid-1-billion-in-hidden-tax-for-a-service-theyll-never-get/

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys, I was able to spend some time cleaning her up today, so far so good, needs new fork seals and tires, other than that all seems to be in order. Oh my the OZ wheels cleaned up real nice, I've had a couple dozen bikes over the years but have never had aftermarket light wheels, looking forward to feeling the difference. 

thumbnail_IMG_1015.jpg?width=1920&height

thumbnail_IMG_1017.jpg?width=1920&height

thumbnail_IMG_1016.jpg?width=1920&height

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Very nice Careca, love that blue color! 😎

It's nice having 2 of the same bike, my disorder usually starts with parts hoarding which eventually leads to another bike... 😐

thumbnail_IMG_0656.jpg?width=960&height=

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, VifferJ said:

Making some progress on the twin twin... 

thumbnail_IMG_1105.jpg?width=960&height=

Geez, how many pitbull stands do you own? Interesting that the silver and black seat/tail plastic reverses color from 02 to 03. BTW, they still need HRC stickers!

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, St. Stephen said:

Geez, how many pitbull stands do you own? Interesting that the silver and black seat/tail plastic reverses color from 02 to 03. BTW, they still need HRC stickers!

Lol, yes I think about a half dozen PB stands... :blink:

Both years 00 & 01 of the original RC51 SP have them same silver with black tail, 02 (which mine are) is the only year of the SP2 that have the silver with black tail. 03 was black with silver tail, 04 was silver with white tail ala Nicky Hayden version, and 05 & 06 were black with a dark charcoal color tail. To most, me included prior to owning I thought they were more or less all the same colors, now that I have them I notice all the differences between years, even the sides have different stickers for each year.

Oh, here's the HRC sticker you're looking for. 🙂

thumbnail_IMG_0845.jpg?width=960&height=

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I really got into off road riding while wintering in Yuma, Arizona. Just brought this home. 2021 CRF300L Rally, the Africa Single:

Evidently, I got one of the first delivered in the U.S. and I only waited about a week after ordering it...

IMG_2961.jpg

Archived