They look like road salt corroded ones....  😞

20200701_173037.thumb.jpg.acca04de83672e6dd56cad7d98a4af0d.jpg

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
21 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Aye, her name is Nel....

I thought she might be a dutch model...or just an average dutch girl walking along the street. 😉

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Gebruiker said:

I thought she might be a dutch model...or just an average dutch girl walking along the street. 😉

Your average Dutch female could be a model... :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Ok, she is rough, so after about a week of thought, I decided to make a street fighter out of it. The bike is rough, and a salvage title,  but everything is there. The reason I bought it was the price, as I was looking for a beater Honda Elite 80, or Spree scooter to buzz around the pits for track days. This bike was cheaper than the scooter, I my gear-head brain said, "Come on, it might be thrashed, but it's still a 100hp bike, it's gotta be better than a scooter."

I will start a thread for the quick and cheap build in the 3rd gen section...

• Member Contributer
10 minutes ago, RC1237V said:

Ok, she is rough, so after about a week of thought, I decided to make a street fighter out of it. The bike is rough, and a salvage title,  but everything is there. The reason I bought it was the price, as I was looking for a beater Honda Elite 80, or Spree scooter to buzz around the pits for track days. This bike was cheaper than the scooter, I my gear-head brain said, "Come on, it might be thrashed, but it's still a 100hp bike, it's gotta be better than a scooter."

I will start a thread for the quick and cheap build in the 3rd gen section...

:fing02:

Might as well throw that left exit exhaust on too. http://tyga-performance.com/index.php?cPath=72_1036_1819_1820&osCsid=6pggf6ba3htvnqo8rjcb51crs5

• Member Contributer

BTW, I was looking at street fighter pics yesterday for inspiration, and those ugly "road salt corroded" wheels actually have a pattern up close.

Not really my cup of tea, since I drink coffee.......

Skull Wheel.jpg

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, vfrcapn said:

:fing02:

Might as well throw that left exit exhaust on too. http://tyga-performance.com/index.php?cPath=72_1036_1819_1820&osCsid=6pggf6ba3htvnqo8rjcb51crs5

I would, but this build will be on a serious budget. I "think" the only things I will need to buy new are a headlight, dash gauges, and chain/sprockets.

I am glad to see I am not the only one to suffer from MBD . 

However , you chaps over the other side of the pond are very lucky. Big houses with massive garages. Id give my left arm for a triple garage or more.  Over here we have to do this .........................

R1 GSXR 1000 K5.JPG

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Careca said:

However , you chaps over the other side of the pond are very lucky. Big houses with massive garages. Id give my left arm for a triple garage or more.  Over here we have to do this .........................

R1 GSXR 1000 K5.JPG

At least you can be assured Japanese bikes won't be re-oiling your nice floor boards! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 12/1/2020 at 6:32 AM, Careca said:

R1 GSXR 1000 K5.JPG

The bikes are great. The Bernese is fantastic. I had one but it didn’t last long enough.

That Bernese was the best dog in the world. 

I know most Bernese die between 6-7 years . She was 9 years and 1 month when we parted company.

I would like to think it was down to raw feeding diet.

Id swap all my bikes to have that dog back. 

• Member Contributer

Ours made it to 9 and she was the perfect dog. Got on well with everyone and most other dogs. Have a German Shepherd now, a completely different kettle of fish.

Mrs VFR78 was raised in Basel, Switzerland, so another Bernese is a must have.

10 hours ago, Careca said:

That Bernese was the best dog in the world. 

I know most Bernese die between 6-7 years . She was 9 years and 1 month when we parted company.

I would like to think it was down to raw feeding diet.

Id swap all my bikes to have that dog back. 

bernese mountain dogs are the best dogs. if someone has never shared company with one they don't understand. They are goofy, smart, cuddly and just simply the most awesome dogs.   This is coming from someone who was a dog handler in the military, loved my shepards but there's just something about berner's.   Our first berner passed away at 6.5 years from bone cancer was horrific (that was a year ago) he was the best dog ever.  Though we got a pup whose pretty awesome he's now 10 months old.   Z1Lj_xWJK6GkXUwJiQngOkVw7E_ZTdtbgWe0PQZW_sOFnAaL_R1dHADkh_F9ICMzO2_xpaNsLjJDXUZMWj3L6hj9lnhedQX1tvId9ckIEgd2TvT7zN6KloyBbAmevo6RR4x_EtK3CidT-cfqEPxeyTl4gdHXlWcWVxW0dvYP9sLoDb45pcCsxytZP8TXwtKm13HX_vOHQxvQC_fSMyhlrZ48uS3nGKajRMLyPrqhIMMyTyFVZtKNqr9sNBV61Gkz2HJwI8h4Ds7JuEmckpI8JySfiQgugZYGqPqPkxurEy2NLLcV4XWh5TkBMcnwltg9BA0425Cp_paQFcPXSTnCbk0HBnBb4A_OGjSudI1SmfEPdss485gck1rmbO7kTZ8bufLqEDrCEC9rzagzL61bKZTrelNRSydTqkwjM0qEHWRCMKpXjBVadIwx3KODBvcocP7oISK72YNVzkc5AzGhTL6htzgPc3PkDk-Dy14hYD64P0GZNI17I7x_62cshEzsYuTJPNBfaY0raX5WjiksfWmcjtW_A0_IX8vkI-uGIWlKp-VMNYzCclZ2k3OVKJ0QDrrmKrRKWUAWBYp7aJWkBYFsGpamlYm-h_IKGntg0p5oaFfwylEsXmofgHrkKw8dM29AQC5IkY3kY52MjBjJJWgb0HyiB555URfEo_yjSx2h6HZ3GVJtUxQ5Zylyvw=w618-h824-no?authuser=0

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, vikingGoalie said:

bernese mountain dogs are the best dogs. if someone has never shared company with one they don't understand. They are goofy, smart, cuddly and just simply the most awesome dogs.   This is coming from someone who was a dog handler in the military, loved my shepards but there's just something about berner's.   Our first berner passed away at 6.5 years from bone cancer was horrific (that was a year ago) he was the best dog ever.  Though we got a pup whose pretty awesome he's now 10 months old.   Z1Lj_xWJK6GkXUwJiQngOkVw7E_ZTdtbgWe0PQZW_sOFnAaL_R1dHADkh_F9ICMzO2_xpaNsLjJDXUZMWj3L6hj9lnhedQX1tvId9ckIEgd2TvT7zN6KloyBbAmevo6RR4x_EtK3CidT-cfqEPxeyTl4gdHXlWcWVxW0dvYP9sLoDb45pcCsxytZP8TXwtKm13HX_vOHQxvQC_fSMyhlrZ48uS3nGKajRMLyPrqhIMMyTyFVZtKNqr9sNBV61Gkz2HJwI8h4Ds7JuEmckpI8JySfiQgugZYGqPqPkxurEy2NLLcV4XWh5TkBMcnwltg9BA0425Cp_paQFcPXSTnCbk0HBnBb4A_OGjSudI1SmfEPdss485gck1rmbO7kTZ8bufLqEDrCEC9rzagzL61bKZTrelNRSydTqkwjM0qEHWRCMKpXjBVadIwx3KODBvcocP7oISK72YNVzkc5AzGhTL6htzgPc3PkDk-Dy14hYD64P0GZNI17I7x_62cshEzsYuTJPNBfaY0raX5WjiksfWmcjtW_A0_IX8vkI-uGIWlKp-VMNYzCclZ2k3OVKJ0QDrrmKrRKWUAWBYp7aJWkBYFsGpamlYm-h_IKGntg0p5oaFfwylEsXmofgHrkKw8dM29AQC5IkY3kY52MjBjJJWgb0HyiB555URfEo_yjSx2h6HZ3GVJtUxQ5Zylyvw=w618-h824-no?authuser=0

What a cracker of a dog, my wife has gone gaga. We better stop now before the pure motor cyclists black list us!

9 hours ago, VFR78 said:

What a cracker of a dog, my wife has gone gaga. We better stop now before the pure motor cyclists black list us!

You are all absolutely right. Once you have had a Berner its difficult to have anything . I grew up with Dobermans and Shepherds all who were trained proper guard dogs . I like all dogs really but my heart has been severely broken by a Bernese . 

To anyone who has lost a dog, I feel your pain .

• Member Contributer

Time to rename this thread Multiple Bernese Disorder???

Don't get me started on becoming heart broken when you dog dies too soon (or at any time!). Lost my 8 year old border collie Pepper in January this year to an agressive tumour, putting her down was soul destroying. 

IMG_0773.JPG

9 hours ago, Terry said:

Time to rename this thread Multiple Bernese Disorder???

Don't get me started on becoming heart broken when you dog dies too soon (or at any time!). Lost my 8 year old border collie Pepper in January this year to an agressive tumour, putting her down was soul destroying. 

sorry for your loss. and sorry if I derailed the thread but when I saw the berner I couldn't resist commenting.   and yes we suffer multiple bernese disorder.  someone was going through some serious life issues and couldn't care for her's so we took him in.  so our 10 month pup has an older brother now.  they get along so well.

-Q-7K3nezDCWiW35WInOpuatpXlTK9yfwb6dJjjFyxxpaFf9jKMcubeDPZ8USPAYCYcGA3dGMx8lPjb4k1YWXfvsTHZGpkapUa6g-ayYqoow2b_0g9fQg9mEqh62N8vzBcs-0rl3SEOw8rZN_tXjA8AC6ASmQlocfIu0rYEfYnHvZ-paF34lhMR9VKUrGUYsUPezNVmR2xt_XmjZXIpdqu08zONs_ywZr9YtvWcHAh_rsVrN7TxjrC4aD4uVbNwl2RX_-PmKadroSaFpBql9x8cYihtFkhw8fKjv-ZcaMaJRdhHeSyE6gkYP9GrFb2UnGfOCUaAeBLvRyejjkTq205Wwz3-8zBe4W3_-EToQpx4zG_qa4Eusoow-PVyTH3ELKmrBm3hMeiLZ3kMmfZHoqsEi3HUtb4GrMP2GS7ZDsEfaDQL_AAX_zQEHWpMJB1bdTfF6oW65H461ZBHUtGkovVFPJ4pxfjk7GrBrY7KF9PjD84DE5WU7avUzIABEnLCW3BeVyYPb3TWKRw7r9RUF3-kFGHmOnAgAyyzMfa8E_0qIrct7oXvhBxOAyQAMAp86V8ulDMPVRBFCc7CfWDrVx77UL7pQIB_svVbTeoDlrIztTVpx6H0kK4CmfmzhB5Yi6jyJcmuFC6s7uhuQqmVMxo_YySLr_o51fdyE3aF6G4FjddFefrPwpx2Z2ebnyw=w1096-h822-no?authuser=0

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Finally got enough miles on the 18SP CBR for first service, while up at the shop had the ECU flashed as well, oh my this bike is so light fast n smooth it's ridiculous, fits me perfect @ 5'8" 140 lbs. Nice dry PNW morning today, I was able to get her out for a rip, TGIFF! :fing02::fing02:

thumbnail_IMG_0845.jpg?width=1920&height

• 4 weeks later...

Archived