Multiple Bike Disorder (MBD)

Congrats on that wonderful machine!  I've seen a couple around my area or region recently, which is remarkable as they're pretty rare here.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

It  does.

In the olden days we'd use a tie-wrap.

Prior to that, a tapping sound meant something was hitting the top of the front fender;

this was an indication of excess travel  :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Little curious as to why you'd fit the OEM anchors, euh I mean mufflers...

Are those Yoshimuras way too loud?

If not done already, I'd whip out the multimeter and do "The Drill" on the altenator (Ohm and Vac), the battery (Vdc) charging/the RR output and have the battery load tested.

Set suspension (sag etc) to your weight, don your leathers and ride her like you stole her!!! :goofy: 

PS: good move to replace them -ahem- "tasteful" red anodised levers and bolts :beer:

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Little curious as to why you'd fit the OEM anchors, euh I mean mufflers...

Are those Yoshimuras way too loud?

If not done already, I'd whip out the multimeter and do "The Drill" on the altenator (Ohm and Vac), the battery (Vdc) charging/the RR output and have the battery load tested.

Set suspension (sag etc) to your weight, don your leathers and ride her like you stole her!!! :goofy: 

PS: good move to replace them -ahem- "tasteful" red anodised levers and bolts :beer:

Agreed Dutchy, the red anodized bits had to go. 

Yes the Yosh pipes sounded great but for how I will use this bike on street just way too loud, I felt like I could be heard from miles away, I don't mind having to lose trouble when found but don't need them to be sitting ahead waiting for me if you know what I mean. 

Tell me more about "the drill"? Is there something the RC is prone to for electrics? The bike is all stock as far as electronics go.

• Member Contributer

In Dutch we know the abbreviation

IWA

Ik

Wil

Aandacht

Which works in English too :goofy:

I

Want

Attention....

Back in 2012, @gradus kindly lend me his 6th gen for TMAC.  Prior to attending, I rode through Georgia, Alabama en Tennessee (to visit @skuuter).  The pipes were gutted so long and behold, a police cruiser in some hick town was lurking behind a billboard (Blues Brothers anyone? 😎😄😄) and got right on my tail until I crossed the county line....

Bought my SP2 with Laser GP pipes w/o any wool left....  Like 102dba+  They were replaced pronto

• 2 months later...

Picked up another SV for $600.
01 model, nearly stock, under 8k miles, less than 30 miles ridden in the last 7 years, have been sitting in the last 2 years. 
No rust inside the fuel tank. Will need chain/sprockets, fork seals, all fluids, etc..

It will be a nice & easy winter project, make a quick profit next spring. 

KbudVpI.jpg

0SJF133.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Hoarder alert!! :blink:

I rescued another K1 Gixxer last month and just finished up the restoration, she's a Y2K 750 so turned the clock back 20 years to full oem.  I was already hoarding the new oem red/wht/blu set of Y2K bodywork and white wheels, just took a couple years to find the bike to go with it, most all the other oem parts I had leftover spares from restoring my other K1 back to oem a couple years back. It was nice to be able and do most of the parts shopping in my own garage this time. 😎

thumbnail_IMG_0500.jpg?width=1920&height

thumbnail_IMG_0503.jpg?width=1920&height

thumbnail_IMG_0504.jpg?width=1920&height

thumbnail_IMG_1224.jpg?width=1920&height

thumbnail_IMG_0625.jpg?width=1920&height

thumbnail_IMG_0632_LI.jpg?width=1920&hei

thumbnail_IMG_0633.jpg?width=1920&height

• Member Contributer

Nice collection of bikes. I'm trying to thin the herd, but every time I sell one, another "must have" pops up..... gotta quit cruising Craigslist, Ebay, and Cycle Trader on a daily basis.........😀

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, FromMaine said:

The pic of your grin with the bike in the back says it all!

It's the same pic he posted when he drove the RC-51 home, just a different bike. What was that, four months ago?? 

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, St. Stephen said:

It's the same pic he posted when he drove the RC-51 home, just a different bike. What was that, four months ago?? 

I sense a theme here...…...…...🍺

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, St. Stephen said:

2020 feels like an 18 month year though right? Indeed though, my wife is being very patient with me this year, right place right time for time for this one, I think COVID promotes looking at bikes for sale more often just for entertainment. Use to see these all the time for sale but lately they seem to becoming unicorns, gotta grab em while you can when the opportunities come around. :smile:

• Member Contributer
15 minutes ago, VifferJ said:

2020 feels like an 18 month year though right? Indeed though, my wife is being very patient with me this year, right place right time for time for this one, I think COVID promotes looking at bikes for sale more often just for entertainment. Use to see these all the time for sale but lately they seem to becoming unicorns, gotta grab em while you can when the opportunities come around. :smile:

Thank you for adding another rationalization to my arsenal! It's been years (subjectively)!

You lean Japanese, and fairly modern, so a clean used H2 by, say, February?  😉

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, VifferJ said:

2020 feels like an 18 month year though right?

IMG-20201105-WA0003.jpg.e60e1f6c670bcd93df2dc04b92d69563.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Like I said above....

On 11/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, RC1237V said:

gotta quit cruising Craigslist, Ebay, and Cycle Trader on a daily basis...

Just bought another 3rd Gen  ( 1993, thanks Mike! ) I don't know what I'm going do with it yet... back up to six bikes...😮

• Member Contributer
31 minutes ago, RC1237V said:

Like I said above....

Just bought another 3rd Gen  ( 1993, thanks Mike! ) I don't know what I'm going do with it yet... back up to six bikes...😮

So, Maximum Bike Disorder? A 2nd garage in your future?  😉

Congratulations Jim. Photos are in order, maybe a group pic?

• Member Contributer

It's a 1993 white bike that I bought because of the price. It's a bit rough around the edges, and I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. I might put the red bike plastics on it, or I might make it a naked upright or street fighter. Found this pic on the interweb, and except for the ugly wheels, it looks decent, and something I could do on a budget.

streetfighter.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 11/25/2020 at 11:34 PM, RC1237V said:

Found this pic on the interweb, and except for the ugly wheels, it looks decent, and something I could do on a budget.

The woman's expression is all the encouragement you need. Dutchy, don't we know her? 🤔

Archived