Multiple Bike Disorder (MBD)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

This type of purchase generally comes before spending on food, clothing and shelter. Buy it.

Just slap on an HRC sticker and keep smiling. Pairs well with a Multistrada also.  😎

IMG_3796.JPG

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, vfrcapn said:

Lol, ok, picking up Saturday. Garage is getting tight, mbd in full swing.

So glad Mrs vfrcapn fully supports the addiction.😂

That Sir,...……….was the right call...……😉

• Member Contributer

Yeah,  great buy.   Enjoy!. If I had space and saw an RC51 that clean, I'd have it too. They're aggressive compared to VFRs, definitely not a tourer, but one of those bikes that just work wonderfully for what they're meant to do.

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, MooseMoose said:

, definitely not a tourer, 

If there is an intention,

there is a way.....

😎

as.jpg.e9c10073d4a5062738bca5224911e96c.jpg.2fa8f6ecdbc134df0c1d18a3d0d50c8e.jpg

• Member Contributer

I was thinking in terms of range on a single tank, personally.

Tank bag is probably nice for the third or fourth hour on the road. Just that much more to lean against if you have to make a stretch of straight road. When I rode one the first time I found the seating instantly comfortable. Very much a familiar Honda seating position, but it definitely more on your toes, leaned forward some as a track bike should be. Wasn't long before I was comfortable resting with just a little weight on the tank, nestled in there like a monkey humping a football, and totally didn't feel cramped or stretched out.

• Member Contributer

RC made it home. 11K mile bike with lots of extras. Receipt history for work done incl Racetech sprung/valved forks and shock. Tires on order, need to make some time to go through it and change out all fluids.

garage.thumb.jpg.478eb36852c602a2432d987657d10a87.jpg

• Member Contributer

So if your wife says "I AM SEEING RED!!!!", you can relax eh?

11k is barely run in...

IMG_20190224_190022.thumb.jpg.f87fe9474d870953c7f66d3795f2282c.jpg

My tacho is in miles. Good thing I cab switch the speedo to KMH..

• Member Contributer

Congratulations vfrcapn! I too admire all that red in your garage. You may want to look at new sprockets and chain, going to 15/41 if the previous owner didn't lower the gearing.

After a quick refresh, then a spring run over to Icehouse and Wentworth Springs I'd guess. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Count your blessings!

A fellow RC51 rider friend of mine just sold his...... 

because his wife is fearfull he might kill himself on it, despite having ridden it for more than 5 years now...... 

(they have a newborn....) :blink:

• Member Contributer
On 3/26/2019 at 3:05 PM, Dutchy said:

Count your blessings!

A fellow RC51 rider friend of mine just sold his...... 

because his wife is fearfull he might kill himself on it, despite having ridden it for more than 5 years now...... 

(they have a newborn....) :blink:

Moral of the story is don't have kids lol.

• 3 months later...

Sadly... Shopping has been good this year.

Last week I picked up a 2007 Honda CBR600RR. The wife has claimed it once it is built.

Saturday, I bought a long time dream bike.

GSXR.jpg

• Member Contributer

That is a very tidy bike. I'm guessing its a 96?

So nice to see unmolested mid 90's bikes from the Big 4, they all made some memorable machines.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's pick: 

2003 BMW F650GS, 17k miles. 

Needs Chain/sprockets, rear brake master cylinder replacement or rebuild. 

But it does come with a set of BMW side cases. 

$1500 cash. 

IhLG0Id.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
On 12/29/2016 at 11:56 PM, arrow said:

My name's Murat and I have MBD :happy:.

Here's my stable, nothing significant or interesting here but I love them all.

First is my 2010 1200F. I've grown quite attached to it over the years. Pictured during a trackday at Istanbul Park here.

The Kawasaki KLR 600 is a 1993 model, which is the same as my old KLR, only mine was white with green graphics. I sold it in '96 and regretted it ever since. I bought a clean example last May; well as clean as can be expected for a bike this age in Turkey. It was purely a nostalgic purchase but I was quickly reminded why I loved it. Light (for a streebike), nice handling, so comfortable over Istanbul's potholed, bumpy inner city streets. It also allows me to do light off-roading. I am going to get this one painted in the color of my original bike, rebuild the motor and upgrade the suspension.

The red scooter is my first bike, an '88 Vespa PX200. I had it repainted a year ago, after I got rear-ended by a car. It is modified quite extensively. Ported, piped, cut crank, 30mm. carb, 210 cc Malossi big-bore kit, adjustable bitubo shocks, front & rear, tubeless wheels, modified front brake etc. This puppy surprises much bigger bikes and cars on tight roads. I'm taking my daughter on a very slow ride around the block here on her school's final day last summer, it's become a tradition of sorts.

The tiny Honda CY50 is a 1984 model, it was given to me by my uncle. It was in his summer house and was ridden by the caretakers who managed to totally wreck it over the years. The engine was totally gone, the only remaining parts are the crankcase, cylinder head and valve cover. The engine is now 80cc, with a high (!) performance cam, a bigger carb and a high performance filter.

The other scooter is my dad's 1993 Yamaha XC125 Beluga who bought it but hardly rode it. I recently had it refreshed, powdercoated the frame, installed bitubo rear shocks, and a new front-end (someone -not my dad- bent it) etc. It's such a sweet, smooth performing scooter, so well suited to Istanbul's crowded streets. 

IMG_4197.JPG

IMG_4807.JPG

This is going to be an update of my garage.

I sold the VFR1200F, and to a good home I'm happy to say. In its place is a 2017 KTM 1290 Super Adventure S now. Supremely powerful, very comfortable, very high tech, I love it.

The Kawasaki KLR 600 is now done, with a few period correct tweaks and a couple of current ones (suspension on both ends). It's now in the exact color as the old one. It's such an enjoyable bike, I love it to bits.

The CY had incorrect tires so I replaced them with the correct versions. This is such a fun bike; it does around 50 km/h at most but gets there reasonably well. It gets a lot of looks :-).

And the last one I got a couple of days ago. I really didn't need this one, I shouldn't have. I looked for a clean enough sample (good chassis and sound engine block) in Turkey for a long time but there are none left. So I bit the bullet, and paid way more than I should've or what it'd be worth in the US or Europe. It's the same color as my first sports-bike  that I sold in 2000; a 1997 Kawasaki ZX-7R. It's very clean, relatively low mileage (61.000 kms / 38.000 miles). It has some nice bits like a Yoshimura RS3 slip-on (though I'll put the original back on; not a fan of loud exhausts on I4s) and an ignition advancer. I'll be doing some relatively minor modifications over the winter. I also need to get used to the riding position again, it's just horrible after 20 years 😄

I thought I should update my status and may be bump this old thread, hope you like it guys 🙂 ...

IMG_6690.JPG

IMG_6926.JPG

IMG_5899.JPG

IMG_8186.jpg

• Member Contributer

Merhaba!!!!!

You may know that our King is "from Orange/Nassau" 

So get that KTM over to the Netherlands PRONTO!!  No need to SC that beast eh? :tongue:

Archived