Multiple Bike Disorder (MBD)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:15 PM, SEBSPEED said:

I am perpetually transitioning from MPD (multiple project disorder) to MBD.

2016-10-08%2014.01.29_zps0glsblaj.jpg

20160130_170512-1_zpsym4op0fr.jpg

20160122_181516_zpspnr8e6ze.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsy1vl929v.jpg

DSC_0036_zpsrrmy5v7j.jpg

20150823_154717-1_zpsytz8toup.jpg

Seb I must know. What tail is on that Blue VFR and also what slip on did you use?

Should have know that pic ends up here.................

I current have 5 bikes, of witch wife know 4,

She knows of the -86 VFR750F RC24, she know of the -86 CBX750F, She know of the -89/90 XT600Z Tenere:s I have (one as a complet bike, other in boxes) But she dont know of the -85 KTM125GS, that is also in boxes right now.....

large.WP_20160910_19_16_20_Pro.jpggallery_880_2573_546583.jpgWP_20160227_13_16_08_Pro.jpg

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, superfunkomatic said:

Really like your Crosstour. Really interesting bike that fits right between the Africa Twin and the VFR1200X.

I have a small garage and four bikes. Something has to give as I can barely walk around in it.

Just for clarity, mine's a Crossrunner, the VFR800X.

The Crosstourer is the VFR1200X. :beer:

• Member Contributer
On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, Skids said:

Technically, I still have 4 cos there are still several parts of my 98 model that I haven't sold yet. But I need a bike for sunny Sunday afternoons, an RC51 perhaps....

My garage is not big enough....:pissed:

Bike & GR4.JPG

IMAG0018.jpg

P1000840.JPG

CR 1.jpg

Stop showing off Gareth, you know your no allowed to take the "Hunter " home anyway ! ! !   :goofy:

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, Woodie said:

Stop showing off Gareth, you know your no allowed to take the "Hunter " home anyway ! ! !   :goofy:

It's difficult competing with the likes of BrianF who's photos are superb and as I don't have his photographic skills, 'bling' is the only way!  :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Ayup

6 hours ago, Skids said:

It's difficult competing with the likes of BrianF who's photos are superb and as I don't have his photographic skills, 'bling' is the only way!  :goofy:

I was going to ask what about the Tornado but the old bus doesn't exactly qualify as "Bling" does it :goofy:

4 hours ago, StubyDoo said:

Do scooters count?  I've just sold the Vtec so technically the VFR800FE is my only motorbike but there are 3 Vespas to keep it company.  The blue on is 53 years old!

Ayup Blackhawk..

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, StubyDoo said:

Do scooters count?  I've just sold the Vtec so technically the VFR800FE is my only motorbike but there are 3 Vespas to keep it company.  The blue on is 53 years old!

garage.jpg

No Stu, they don't!  :491:

So, in the summer I sold my 2005 VFR and I bought this... (CRF250L) because I couldn't get an Africa Twin CRF1000L.

Then in December, I figured the bike wouldn't be coming, so I bought this. (Honda Ridgeline).

Then a week later in December, I got a call from the local Honda dealer, "your bike is here...." So I ended up getting this... Africa Twin CRF1000L.

Now I have a problem... MBD. So I have to get rid of this... XL1000V Varadero. :)

crf_first_trip_2016.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

DSC_7961.jpg

Had a Varadero for a few years. Found it top heavy but so comfortable and so reliable. Never needed a rectifier.lol

terry

• Member Contributer

My name's Murat and I have MBD :happy:.

Here's my stable, nothing significant or interesting here but I love them all.

First is my 2010 1200F. I've grown quite attached to it over the years. Pictured during a trackday at Istanbul Park here.

The Kawasaki KLR 600 is a 1993 model, which is the same as my old KLR, only mine was white with green graphics. I sold it in '96 and regretted it ever since. I bought a clean example last May; well as clean as can be expected for a bike this age in Turkey. It was purely a nostalgic purchase but I was quickly reminded why I loved it. Light (for a streebike), nice handling, so comfortable over Istanbul's potholed, bumpy inner city streets. It also allows me to do light off-roading. I am going to get this one painted in the color of my original bike, rebuild the motor and upgrade the suspension.

The red scooter is my first bike, an '88 Vespa PX200. I had it repainted a year ago, after I got rear-ended by a car. It is modified quite extensively. Ported, piped, cut crank, 30mm. carb, 210 cc Malossi big-bore kit, adjustable bitubo shocks, front & rear, tubeless wheels, modified front brake etc. This puppy surprises much bigger bikes and cars on tight roads. I'm taking my daughter on a very slow ride around the block here on her school's final day last summer, it's become a tradition of sorts.

The tiny Honda CY50 is a 1984 model, it was given to me by my uncle. It was in his summer house and was ridden by the caretakers who managed to totally wreck it over the years. The engine was totally gone, the only remaining parts are the crankcase, cylinder head and valve cover. The engine is now 80cc, with a high (!) performance cam, a bigger carb and a high performance filter.

The other scooter is my dad's 1993 Yamaha XC125 Beluga who bought it but hardly rode it. I recently had it refreshed, powdercoated the frame, installed bitubo rear shocks, and a new front-end (someone -not my dad- bent it) etc. It's such a sweet, smooth performing scooter, so well suited to Istanbul's crowded streets. 

IMG_4561.JPG

IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4197.JPG

IMG_4789.JPG

IMG_4807.JPG

• Member Contributer

Didn't think I qualified to post, looking at all the fine specimens here, I'm at the beginning of my 'multiple bike build disorder', as of today:
One stock VF750, one in build mode, one stripped down(was freighted from Melbourne), today one in desperate need of repair/or parts and a '95 VF500, thanks Dutchy. That's me sorted for a couple years....ace67d63593745d0072d845670b17b6a.jpgd320339bde776f28880716e10d950ae4.jpg2c7cae36db3dae564426bb2c84098852.jpg

How does a bike only do 28 000 k's and look like it's done two hundred.....some people!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

On 12/29/2016 at 3:56 PM, arrow said:

My name's Murat and I have MBD ?.

The tiny Honda CY50 is a 1984 model, ans was given to me by my uncle. It was in his summer house and was ridden by the caretakers over the years who managed to totally wreck it. The engine was totally gone, the only remaining parts are the crankcase, cylinder head and valve cover. The engine is now 80cc, with a high (!) performance cam, a bigger carb and a high performance filter.

IMG_4789.JPG

That thing is cool, I really like it!

Archived