Multiple Bike Disorder (MBD)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not me, "I promise" I only have two, but I'm looking anyway - my brothers wife is a horse girl, she told me that it is illegal to have only one horse in the stable, there must be at least two together otherwise they will be crazy in the head - I think it applies the same for motorcycles,  I realy do :beer:

• Member Contributer

I have 3 in reality, 4 (and a half) potentially and 6 technically.....

But also one of the "real" bikes is SWiMBO's so that doesn't count.

• Member Contributer

I  can stop when ever I want, really I can..............

The 83 Kawa 1100 is a friends who lives in the UK, the 85 700sc is a friends that I istalled a new rear on the night before. The other 6 plus my other VF1000R which was on my lift in the garage are mine.

DSCF2842.JPG

DSCF2845.JPG

• Member Contributer

I always heard it was a twelve step process, so I figure I am half way there...

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, thtanner said:

I don't have a problem... I don't have a problem... I don't have a problem

You have two 5G's (minor case of OCD) but, and this is worrying, NO 3 or 4G !

Everyone should have an RC36. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

My wife says I'm done.  If Honda comes out with the V4 Homologation bike I may have to thin the herd a little bit.

rcside.jpg

minitrail.jpg

vfr.jpg

0925091643a.jpg

2012-06-26_11-48-05_529.jpg

90vfr.jpg

0925091643.jpg

I wish I had a picture of my garage. I only have two, my 94 VFR and a 93 CB750 Nighthawk(might start a Seven-Fifty conversion) so far, with my ATV stuffed in behind them. My girlfriend says I don't need anymore, we will see.

• Member Contributer

2007 RWB vfr

2002 red vfr800 (for sale so buy it)

1991 pearl white vfr

2013 foreman 500 fpe

fg110 mini tiller

hrx217 mower

4514 Honda riding mower

hht35 brush cutter

yea I know not all bikes but all Hondas :)

the only one I bought new was the brush cutter, everything else bought used and abused fixed up. ok the 07 was not abused per say in the fact that it was mint, only abuse was it was not ridden, I fix that too :)

oh and I am just starting my vfr collection. if anybody wants to donate a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th gen I would accept it. you know for the greater good.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, RC51Nick said:

My wife says I'm done.  If Honda comes out with the V4 Homologation bike I may have to thin the herd a little bit.

rcside.jpg

If and when, shipping cost to the Netherlands will be prohibitive.....  Damm!!! :-(

• Member Contributer

What is this "Disorder" that you speak of? I don't need negativity like that in my life....

IMG_2759.JPG

• Member Contributer
On 12/1/2016 at 6:15 PM, SEBSPEED said:

I am perpetually transitioning from MPD (multiple project disorder) to MBD.

Dutchy, thanks for starting this--I get to see more of Seb's photos! Drool.

Sadly, I only have two bikes.

IMG_2408.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely have this disorder, but I'm just looking for a second!  I have my 2006 VFR800i and need advice on the next one.  What does everyone think? (also suggestions and why)

• Smaller?
  • Sportier?
  • Cruiser?

Thanks in advance,

DRC

• Member Contributer

Technically, I still have 4 cos there are still several parts of my 98 model that I haven't sold yet. But I need a bike for sunny Sunday afternoons, an RC51 perhaps....

My garage is not big enough....:pissed:

Bike & GR4.JPG

IMAG0018.jpg

P1000840.JPG

CR 1.jpg

• Member Contributer

I've got this bad...I have garages in three countries with at least one bike in them.  Needless to say, the big problem for us "sufferers" is riding all of the bikes we already have.  "After all, what is a motorcycle for if it isn't action?"  I now just say that I'm the curator of a private collection of old motorcycles and people stop bothering me about it!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

So many nice machine in this ...... select club. I also belong with a recent addition to the VFR. Pics and comments to follow when the weather improves....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, Polarbear said:

So many nice machine in this ...... select club. I also belong with a recent addition to the VFR. Pics and comments to follow when the weather improves....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah yeah yeah......

:worthlesswithoutpics:

On 12/17/2016 at 2:57 AM, Skids said:

Technically, I still have 4 cos there are still several parts of my 98 model that I haven't sold yet. But I need a bike for sunny Sunday afternoons, an RC51 perhaps....

My garage is not big enough....:pissed:

Really like your Crosstour. Really interesting bike that fits right between the Africa Twin and the VFR1200X.

I have a small garage and four bikes. Something has to give as I can barely walk around in it.

• Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, superfunkomatic said:

Really like your Crosstour. Really interesting bike that fits right between the Africa Twin and the VFR1200X.

I have a small garage and four bikes. Something has to give as I can barely walk around in it.

its called a "addition" make that garage bigger..

• Member Contributer

Well should I get an African Twin or a Crosstourer?  And then what bike to replace; VFR, KLR or Goldwing? Garage is getting full with 3 bikes, trailer and one actual cage.

Archived