my 07RWB project/build

3dcycle

• Member Contributer
45 minutes ago, 3dcycle said:

well just set the wheel on tonight its not tight yet I am waiting on my shock from Jamie D tracking number says tomorrow so yippie...

so I am in need of some new lug nuts, 5 blue ones and it will match my clutch, anyone got some or got a ebay link to the right ones to get?

also I am about to push the button on lowering foot pegs for myself. the knight design ones look really nice but for $200 shipped is there anything else out there? maybe I don't need the ones with the rubber on them? anybody got any ideas?

IMG_2156[1].JPGIMG_2155[1].JPG

That's going to be smokin' hot all right.

If you want to lower the stock pegs you can get the peg lowering blocks right here from BusyLittleShop.  They bolt right on.  Love 'em.  I don't recall exactly what I paid, but you can get a lot better deal than $200.  I thought he might have some photos of them in his gallery, but all I see are hot girls and hot bikes!  Go figure . . . LOL!  I can scrounge up a photo of mine if that helps. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may find that pegs without rubbers transmit more vibration; I opted to retain the OEM items on this basis.

Your bike is looking bloody good though, even though it's not quite completed - what is the finish on the powdercoating called?

• Member Contributer

the black is a textured black I forget the exact name but will get it tonight.

the white is a mirage white suppose to have a sparkle to it (it has pearl in it) but it don't sparkle after baked, I did something wrong will have to get hold of the company about it. I did follow their directions perfectly (maybe that's what I did wrong)

thanks for all the complements so far. I hope to get home and find a shock waiting for me tonight :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

son of a bit** just tracked the package and now it wont be here until Tuesday freaking fed ex says its in Fort Wayne ,IN there goes my weekend

• Member Contributer

Fed ex dropped the ball on this. I went from being pumped to make some progress to pissed and depressed in like 2 seconds.

• Member Contributer

One thing nice about being in the Ft.Wayne area.... Jamie is local... Now to just get over to his shop and buy some suspension parts!!

• Member Contributer
On 1/5/2017 at 5:43 PM, 3dcycle said:

that would be great, I will look him up too thanks

Sorry this took so long . . .

These allow the pegs to function as stock folding normally.  I removed the feeler and replaced it with a socket head bolt so it wouldn't be touching the pavement too soon.  One thing you'll run in to is that the side stand will come up and hit the peg.  To solve that, in the last photo there is a small bolt (IIRC 4mm) that I installed on the back side of the stand where it comes up and contacts the stop.  The bolt head spaces the stand down a bit to prevent it from hitting.  To do that I removed the stand and used a drill press to drill a blind hole, then tapped it.  Once the bolt was threaded in I used a file to get the thickness just right to keep the stand just clear of the peg.  Once I had it where I wanted it I backed it out and used a tiny drop of blue Loctite on final assembly.  It's been working great for 20,000 miles.  On the other side the stop light switch and master cylinder pushrod length are an issue.  There I used a Dremel to shorten the rod a couple of threads and a split ring on the spring for the light switch to prevent the brake light from being constantly on. 

These have made a big difference for me on long rides.  It doesn't seem like much, but that extra inch gives the legs and knees enough additional room for comfort.  I hope that helps.  Keep the photos coming - love seeing them.

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

• Member Contributer

Just checked my shock got dropped off at the house this morning. Will make for a good night in the shop for sure.

oh yea and I experimented with a new coating last night on a lot of hardware. I hope it looks good I don't think I have the equipment to take it off now.

• Member Contributer

I got my shock mounted up tonight with my extended hose. image.jpeg

Then a mount that I found that I hope will look good once all done.

image.jpeg

I can change the height and angle of it when I get bike closer to being done. 

image.jpeg

• Member Contributer

in stages. I was just looking at them last night but the money is getting tight. I will take care of them when I unleash power and do a full tyga system

23 hours ago, 3dcycle said:

in stages. I was just looking at them last night but the money is getting tight. I will take care of them when I unleash power and do a full tyga system

Honestly the delink is more elbow grease and ingenuity, than money. I was able to reuse one of the existing rear brake lines and make a loop out of the second one. Up front I am sure you could do something similar, but you would be better off doing a front end swap. I was able to find an already R1 swapped front end off of a 4th gen that supposedly hydrolocked it's engine for $500 and then sold my front end for about the same price, so I didn't really spend anything. You could do the same, but it takes some luck/planning/good timing.

• Member Contributer

that might happen down the road, but for now I will stick to unleashing everything vfr stage 1

so some more of stage 1

just running some wires here, got my heated grip, autocom, gps, volt meter and air horn run through the fuse box run though a 30 amp relay that is triggered when I turn the key on. got my trigger power from the power going INTO brake light switch always has power when key on. I also have a battery tender lead hooked into the fuse box, 2 leads are hot when the key is off this way I can keep the terminals on the battery clean with minimal connections, hate a clustered battery.

IMG_2166[1].JPG

sebspeed did a great job on my new plate mount for me. still need to tuck some more wires, but I think next it to start polishing some exhaust pipe and getting that beast ready to go.

also need to pull the mufflers apart I think maybe the packing done burned up in the 20000 miles I have had them (they came from my other bike) they are getting a bit raspy, any ideas on how to make laser extremes throatier than normal. besides replacing them?

IMG_2169[1].JPG

IMG_2170[1].JPG

IMG_2168[1].JPG

• Member Contributer

Got them cleaned up a bit. All parts polished now. Took about 20 hours all in this weekend

IMG_2033.JPG

this is at about 1200 grit sand paper, I took it to 1500 then used high speed buffer to shine her up. more pictures in a bit

• Member Contributer

I am pulling the mufflers apart now to repack them, trying to get some of the raspy sound out of it for more of a deep tone. hope fully it will work out with some new packing material.

• Member Contributer

3D, did not want to add any additional drive other than what you are currently working at.  Just this is pretty cool. :-)  Take your time but know many are watching. And thank you tremendously for sharing your adventure with us!  Cheers!

Dave

Archived