my 07RWB project/build

3dcycle

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

3D, your build is just awesome.  I didn't think the new 8th gen wheel would look as sweet as it does but holy cow.  Sometimes you just have to see the artwork to appreciate it.  Really nice.  

All that time to make the lazer (my fav vfr 6th gen exhaust) piping all polished yet few decent rides especially in rain will be covered in grit again. The only hope to try keep clean is also fit a hugger, I gave up trying to keep headers connecting pipes clean after polishing like you have & then also tried jet hot coating that I was told was easier to keep clean, nope.

• Member Contributer

wait.... you ride in the rain?

I know it will be crapped up this summer but I hope to keep it clean for the summer, I don't mind if it turns golden it the nasty spots I do not like. if tyga ever does headers or I can find a set of erion or two brothers I can cerakote the entire system. as long as it looks good on day 1 I am good with that.

thanks for the compliments everyone

• Member Contributer

3D...

I love the plate bracket you had Sebspeed make for you.  Couple of questions.  What did you use for the license light and is there an addition small brkt between the plate and original Honda brkt?  If so is that also something you had Sebspeed make?  I'm thinking about asking him to make one for me.  The previous owner put an aftermarket plate mount on my RWB and it's too far forward and I have to trim the plate to keep it from scratching the Staintune mufflers that are mounted.

Thanks...

Nick

• Member Contributer

that mount in the middle is for my saddle bag brackets. this is the light I used.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28196/i/k---s-technologies-license-plate-light

please note that this is made to fit between my laser extreme mufflers that have been spaced outwards to clear the plate. not sure if they will fit with your staintunes. also the bracket it made to be the same size as the deals gap surround which may or may not work with what you have.

If you want I could mail you (at your cost) the plastic mount that I made as a template to see if it works for you, then you could get hold of sebspeed about it. not sure if he kept the numbers needed or not.

• Member Contributer

Appreciate the feedback on the plate.

What I'll probably do is get the oem brkt installed and see what I need to do using carboard templates.  You're possibly right on the fittment with the Staintunes.  I need the plate to go aft enough to clear the tire and drop enough to clear the pipe.  The info on the light will work.  It looks nice.

Thanks again,.

N ick

9 hours ago, 3dcycle said:

that mount in the middle is for my saddle bag brackets. this is the light I used.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28196/i/k---s-technologies-license-plate-light

So there's just over 3,200 miles between us, and we ordered via different suppliers, but we've fitted the same plate light to our bikes :biggrin:

It's much less cumbersome than the OEM monstrosity, which is unnecessarily complicated.

• Member Contributer

I got mine from parts unlimited from work, did that kink just to show which one it was.

very nice light.

• Member Contributer

got my muffler packing material in the other day, first time trying this but seemed like the best way to go on these mufflers as anything else like a wrap would be to hard to get tight. this I can pack it as tight as I want. we will see how it works out when I start it and see how it sounds.

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

• Member Contributer

finally got the mufflers mounted where I want them, needed to build new brackets as the original ones with the exhaust suck and would not accommodate new location. still a sob to get lines up and straight. now that I have them where I want them I need to remove brackets and powder coat them to match everything else :(

I have about 30+ hours into making the exhaust the way I want it. might be done with the bike come November lol...

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

so now that I have the mufflers and saddlebag mounts where I need them I turned focus to the shock reservoir for a few minutes. thanks to Jamie extending my line when I sent the shock back to him this year I was able to find a mount that worked and with a few simple modifications got it to work for me as shown here. 

IMG_0030.JPG

• Member Contributer

yes it would be, the mounts that they send are a joke, it takes hours of tweaking to get them close, then they still suck. my new mounts are very simple less adjustment to them but yet with just a few minutes of adjustment they come out damn near perfect, well perfect from my seat anyways. :) 

Oh yes and I feel your pain over the original Laser Xtreme mounting brackets... They drove me mad. Apparently I got an early version which are impossible to adjust and made from shitty quality materials.

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, 3dcycle said:

finally got the mufflers mounted where I want them, needed to build new brackets as the original ones with the exhaust suck and would not accommodate new location. still a sob to get lines up and straight. now that I have them where I want them I need to remove brackets and powder coat them to match everything else :(

I have about 30+ hours into making the exhaust the way I want it. might be done with the bike come November lol...

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

so now that I have the mufflers and saddlebag mounts where I need them I turned focus to the shock reservoir for a few minutes. thanks to Jamie extending my line when I sent the shock back to him this year I was able to find a mount that worked and with a few simple modifications got it to work for me as shown here. 

IMG_0030.JPG

30 hours lining up the exhaust alone!  Holy s*$t man.    Bike is looking awesome though.

• Member Contributer

Ok I can see how you could have understand like that.

30 hrs into everything, polishing repacking lining it up etc.

• Member Contributer

Gotcha.  It's all going to be worth it in the end.  I like the Lazer cans its amazing how someone could make such a cool looking and unique exhaust, and then cheap out on the mounting brackets.

• Member Contributer
On 1/20/2017 at 10:51 PM, 3dcycle said:

IMG_0011.JPGIMG_0014.JPGIMG_0013.JPG

mount the link pipes. Re packing the mufflers now

That 8th gen wheel is pure gorgeousness.  Even the stock 5 spoke wheel looks incredible on the RWB, but this takes it to a whole new level. 

• Member Contributer

next project is to finish acc. wiring, fit rear brake reservoir, flush rest of brake fluid, did the fronts in the fall when I fitted SS lines along with a clutch line, flush out coolant, turn bike around on lift and powder coat front wheel white, powder coat fork lowers black, top triple tree in black

• Member Contributer

ok anybody use a smaller rear brake reservoir, I am having a issue having room for the oem and my acc. fuse panel. wondering what people have used

• Member Contributer
On 11/27/2016 at 11:57 AM, SEBSPEED said:

1 more...

20160920_203807_zpsyiw5kjeo.jpg

Huge +1 on the wheel color, Seb.  I'm trying picture it on my factory red 2001, but can't quite make it click for some reason. Thoughts?

Archived