8th gen minor updates for 2017

andrearonin

honda must be happy with the vfr since I've read that euro 4 changes are significant to develop and implement and I think i read was one reason the cbr600 was dropped since it wasn't worth the investment

Yep. Lots of beautiful bikes will not survive - among them all 2-cylinder Aprilias and Yamaha's XJR1300.

The Euro 4 requirements contain the implementation of many anti-tampering components so it is not just about fitting a quieter exhaust. Retrofitting an existing bike is quite an engineering effort but I do believe most of those things had been considered when the 8g VFR was designed.

There is currently a fair bit of desperation among the dealers as no new Euro 3 bikes may be registered in 2017.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 11/17/2016 at 10:08 PM, windyrun said:

honda must be happy with the vfr since I've read that euro 4 changes are significant to develop and implement and I think i read was one reason the cbr600 was dropped since it wasn't worth the investment

The 600RR may have been dropped in Europe but I'm happy to see Honda has a 2017 model CBR600RR on their USA website - looks to be no changes except a new paint scheme similar to the '17 1000RR.

Link:  http://powersports.honda.com/2017/cbr600rr.aspx#FqxqxtuAWS1RwFUW.97

• 9 months later...
  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, TechRider said:

Would like to find a way to install the 2017 integrated power socket onto my 2015 fairing

3.png 

http://www.honda.co.jp/VFR800F/equipment/img/3.png

http://www.honda.co.jp/VFR800F/equipment/

You probably have to just cut a hole to accommodate. Could check the parts fiche for 2017s to find all the associated parts.

• Member Contributer

I bought this little goodie at a local electronics store and just cut an opening in the top cowl on my 5 Gen.

IMG_2728_zpsh84fydor.jpg

IMG_2727_zpsfdga3rk6.jpg

IMG_2726_zpsaccem5tn.jpg

36 minutes ago, thtanner said:

You probably have to just cut a hole to accommodate. Could check the parts fiche for 2017s to find all the associated parts.

middle cowl items 26-29, no price listed though

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces-honda-detail-97910-97910-VFR800FH-2017-F_45-VFR+800+F.html

So there appears to be another change... I have a new 2017 VFR....

The Australian model has a revised maintenance schedule with NO valve clearance checks and some other things have been lessened.

I have also attached the older schedule for reference (note the right hand page is unchanged)

20170904_000450.jpg

Capture.PNG

And for the hell of it... proof of new red VFR (snow isn't common here - only 2nd time I have ever seen snow)

20170820_135334.jpg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, adprom said:

So there appears to be another change... I have a new 2017 VFR....

The Australian model has a revised maintenance schedule with NO valve clearance checks and some other things have been lessened.

I have also attached the older schedule for reference (note the right hand page is unchanged)

20170904_000450.jpg

Capture.PNG

And for the hell of it... proof of new red VFR (snow isn't common here - only 2nd time I have ever seen snow)

20170820_135334.jpg

Wow - red bike looks awesome in the snow!  As for the "revised" maintenance schedule - it looks more like they just F'd it up to me.  Note that in the legend the "I" for Inspect has been zapped and every single "I" in the schedule has also been zapped with the exception of the first one for the fuel line.  So clearly they just screwed up big time :tongue:

• Member Contributer

I think someone has messed up a bit on the new owners manual.

Agree cant beat a bit of snow to highlight the red. Was -4C when I test rode mine.

Harness 199.JPG

Harness 196.JPG

Harness 197.JPG

• 1 month later...

I have a 8 gen VFR 800 and there is a list of modifications

2017:

The airbox is know open all the time, no more flapper.

Maximum output: 107 ps / 10, 250 rpm • Maximum torque upgraded to 7.9 kgf · m / 8,500 rpm .

Muffler internal structure has been changed to a two-chamber structure from a conventional three-chamber structure to make it compact.

Equipped with an accessory socket rated to 12 V / 3A / 36 W as a standard in the left cowl section .

Change the air valves of the front and rear wheels to L type .

Adapted to automobile exhaust gas regulations in Heisei 28 years and changed the model name to 2 BL-RC 79.

WMTC mode fuel consumption value (Class 3-2) improved from 18.2 km / L to 19.2 km / L.

Mainframe / front brake disc hub · Front axle holder is unified in black.

Added digital silver metallic in addition to conventional Victory Red · Pearl Glare White · Darkness Black Metallic

20171016_185310.jpg

20171023_233252.jpg

20171022_230019.jpg

20170916_183753.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 4 September 2017 at 9:57 PM, adprom said:

Not necessarily... because the engine oil filter replace is only every 2nd item now as well..

Although agree with legend point.

Hi adprom.

Very Interesting stuff. Can't believe Honda are recommending no Valve Clearance Inspection and running Oil Filters for 24,000kms!!!!

It would be worth contacting Honda MPE Australia, perhaps e-mail them the page and get some proper clarification on this, if it's not correct then it's one hell of a typo error! 

Assume there has been no major engine internal update for the 2017 version that would warrant such a radical change to the Maintenance Schedule. Keep us posted.

Cheers.

Grum.

• Member Contributer

Nope, I was told by my Honda main dealer that the 14+ (15+ Crossrunner) models did not need valve clearance checks. In fact, he said they sealed the adjusters so you can't. I'm not sure I believe that bit but he was adamant that there is no valve adjustment on the newer models.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Skids said:

Nope, I was told by my Honda main dealer that the 14+ (15+ Crossrunner) models did not need valve clearance checks. In fact, he said they sealed the adjusters so you can't. I'm not sure I believe that bit but he was adamant that there is no valve adjustment on the newer models.

Hi Skids.

That's even more interesting! This seems to contradict the Owners Manual maintenance schedule, and the Service Manual for the 8gen, section 3-7 to 3-9 mentions the inspection and method for shimming the bucket to achieve correct valve clearance!!! "they sealed the adjusters so you can't " doesn't make sense, be a bit concerned about your Honda main dealer!

Cheers.

Grum.

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Grum said:

Hi Skids.

That's even more interesting! This seems to contradict the Owners Manual maintenance schedule, and the Service Manual for the 8gen, section 3-7 to 3-9 mentions the inspection and method for shimming the bucket to achieve correct valve clearance!!! "they sealed the adjusters so you can't " doesn't make sense, be a bit concerned about your Honda main dealer!

Cheers.

Grum.

Doh! Please ignore my previous comment, wrong item.

End of a long, long week. :sad::wacko:

Theres still a few countries over here that won't let you buy a bike with more than 100bhp at the rear wheel. I believe France is one of them, and the VFR is still a very popular bike with commuters as well, I see at least two others every day on my commute to work and back.

17 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Theres still a few countries over here that won't let you buy a bike with more than 100bhp at the rear wheel. I believe France is one of them, and the VFR is still a very popular bike with commuters as well, I see at least two others every day on my commute to work and back.

I live in France and the 100 hp law is gone since 16 April 2016. In Japan, this law is gone too since 2016.

There you go, learn something new every day. I didn't know that.

But... My 2007 VFR Vtec, I bought new and purposely didn't check the valve clearances until 48,000 miles. There was ONE that was out, and it wasn't tight. I also ran it in by using Vtec the first time I rode it, never worried about revving it at all, when it went in for tit's first service the guy at Honda told me he's never seen oil come out so dirty on a new bike with just 600 miles on it. I did that 600 miles in less than a  week...

Archived