Exhaust - Akrapovic or Arrow?

Rambler358

Looking at a titanium exhaust for my 8th gen, and Akrapovic and Arrow are at the top of my list. From some YouTube videos the Arrow seems to have a deeper sound to it which is what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure if I can trust YouTube videos for the sound. Can anyone comment on these?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

They have a low mount as well for that situation, and the sound is second to none (the main reason you buy an exhaust). I have them on all of our 800s!

JnMah5m.jpg

To each their own, though. GLW your search!

I have an Akrapovic installed with the baffle removed. it has a deep tone to it. I have no complaints. I was doing the same thing. Trying to find sound clips on YouTube but like you said it's hard to gauge the actual tone you are looking for. I rolled the dice and I'm happy with the akrapovic. I also have the OEM panniers and it fits perfectly. So no worries there if that was an issue for ya. f3c831223fedc64ac0d57d780aeddbcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, SlfAwre said:

I have one of those for sale if you want one. 

8th gen?

Maybe.. and I don't even have the bike yet. Feel free to PM me a price.

Would love to hear a sound clip of your Scorpion!

Here's a YouTube vid from the manufacturer. With the baffle in its about the same volume as stock but slightly lower volume. I haven't tried baffle out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

2c from someone whose bike remains stock thus far...  ;-)

The Akrapovič is relatively pricey, looks nice, weighs half, supposedly helps further smooth the VTEC dip, works with the Honda panniers, actually happens to be Honda's own upgrade kit if you're not stateside, sounds decent (I know someone who has one) and legitimately wears all the right stickers so that the Noise Police have a harder time signing up owners for colonoscopies.

Your mileage may vary, first pull up then pull down, see a doctor for erections lasting more than four hours, in case of death discontinue use immediately, etc...

Agreed there.  People need to make videos of the bike being used to get a better feel for how it sounds.  Over reving the bike on its side stand isn't helping.  Dyno videos, that's more where it's at IMO.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Katastrophe18 said:

I've been looking at the Arrow as well...I can't seem to find any good videos on it, though.

Does anyone have any actual fly-bys or something under load?  Revs are OK, but never do an exhaust justice.

It's down to the DAM and Arrow I think for myself...

Here's my Delk mini equipped 8th gen cruising around my subdivision's 3 mile loop - GG Jr. said he could hear me around the entire loop and filmed this little clip without my knowledge - he said when I rode by it was so loud a "group of nuns would want to stone you" - lol.  I'm gonna try to get him to film a longer vid soon.

• Member Contributer

Akrapovic are quality product, beautifully made and proven to improve the engines performance

My Akrapovic made an instant change to the throttle response, much cleaner low and mid range

I've Sporpion and Quill end cans to good effect on carburettor equipped engines, but ECU and fuel injection requires the application of science

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Epyon007 said:

Agreed there.  People need to make videos of the bike being used to get a better feel for how it sounds.  Over reving the bike on its side stand isn't helping.  Dyno videos, that's more where it's at IMO.

Here's another vid of the Delk mini carbon being used - can hear it winding up under load at 0:50 and 6:30 and a couple other spots too:

• Member Contributer
53 minutes ago, Epyon007 said:

Mmmm that sounds nice Greg.

Thanks - it adds almost 3 hp according to Delk's dyno chart (see link) and it also shaves over 7 pounds of weight compared to stock, and my butt dyno tells me it has a bit better performance now.  It sounds absolutely vicious and barbaric in person -  just the way I like it - LOL - for only $239 I couldn't be happier.

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=2470_7829_7974&categorystring=Motorcycles-Honda-2014-VFR800F Interceptor (2014-2016)

IMG_1231.JPG

Archived