5th gen powered car

• Member Contributer

I may be the last to this party - if so bear with me.   I give the builder high marks for this - both on creativity and execution (anyone active here?).  This thing looks like a kick in the ass to drive.  It's also got the "WTF is THAT?" factor for the unsuspecting onlooker - a real sleeper.   My favorite part is seeing a 5th gen tank under the hood . . .

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/this-honda-vfr800-powered-n600-minicar-will-blow-you-away-1972-honda-n600

• Member Contributer

The sound!  Yeah, there's a video on YouTube after he'd finished the fender flares and it includes a short drive in Bakersfield.  No mention of reverse gear, though!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Here's another video of it not linked in the article.  Do I need one of these?  No.  Do I want one?  Hell yes . . . !

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, Mohawk said:

It's still using the original drive train so assume it has a F-N-R gear selection, sounds awesome :)

Are you sure?  In the video above there is some discussion about him having to move the seats over to clear the new drive shaft tunnel: the car has front and rear suspension from another car, and wasn't previously rear wheel drive.  I suppose the dude (he sounds Canadian to me, btw!) could have mated the VFR engine to a car transmission, but there is no mention of this that I heard.  That car must weigh next to nothing, and go like stink!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, JZH said:

That car must weigh next to nothing, and go like stink!

Oh yeah ! 

The thing's so flimsy compared to current cars that 100 mph must feel positively supersonic.

Cool toy ! :wheel:

Archived