I would appear to have bought.....

Skids

• Member Contributer
36 minutes ago, crakerjac said:

Yup.  I love the 1200 because the motor and brakes are awesome, but I get hung up on lighter bikes being more 'nimble'.

Have you upgraded the suspension on your 1200? I spent over £1000 on mine, front & back, and it feels as easy to turn as my 800/6th Gen (which also has upgraded suspension) though it will never be as quick to turn as it has a lot more inertia due to greater weight. But it's really good & feels almost equally nimble as the 800/6th Gen.

The Cr is a little different as apart from being lighter, the wider bars mean the rider has a much greater control of the steering inputs due to a longer moment arm. It takes some getting used to and feels unstable at the start but is easy once you are used to it. I haven't really had the opportunity to throw the Cr around yet but I expect it will have limitations where they don't exist on the 800 (6th Gen) or 1200.

I have not.  Instead I bought a track bike and spend a good portion of last summer sorting that basket case out... but it still doesn't quite feel right.

I'm hoping to give the 1200 some love this spring since a replacement is off the table for the time being.

19 hours ago, crakerjac said:

I have not.  Instead I bought a track bike and spend a good portion of last summer sorting that basket case out... but it still doesn't quite feel right.

I'm hoping to give the 1200 some love this spring since a replacement is off the table for the time being.

What track bike did you get and whos track days did you do?

I picked up an SV650 race bike.  It's got a fresh motor, but the front end is a complete mess.  Someone tried doing a GSXR USD fork conversion and had no idea what they were doing.  I've got the brakes all sorted out (new M/C and rebuild the calipers), but there are still a couple things I would like to sort out... but as it sits, I've got a bike I can beat on like it owes me money.

I typically ride with ZARS.  I've ridden with Road Closed Promotions a couple times, and since I'm not on a super moto, I get tossed into the fast group.... I'm NOT a fast rider.

IMG_20160501_160503_copy_zpsfw4taluh.JPG

Archived