CBR1000RR SP and SP2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
9 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

I never really saw why Honda put so much into it, though. I'm not sure of the market they were shooting for, it obviously wasn't me in my early 20s, but what they released didn't seem to really be what anyone was expecting or particularly wanting.

Perhaps my memory is not 100% accurate, but I certainly don't recall anyone asking for a 1200cc, shaft-drive, tiny-tanked, automatic transmissioned, "new-styled" VFR.  No one.  If anyone can point me to any of these presumably numerous enthusiast requests prior to the introduction of the 1200 I'd be happy to retract my statement.  I do recall hearing numerous people on forums requesting a "1000cc VFR", usually lighter and potentially more RC30-like than the existing VTEC.  Not more ST1300-like (with a shorter range, lol).

But, that's what Honda provided.  I haven't bought a new Honda since 1990, so I don't think they were especially targetting me... :tongue:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, BusyLittleShop said:

Cost is the single draw back... not weight distribution nor longer
wheel base... MotoGp is the battle of engine architectures and the V4
or Yamaha's "virtual V4" are superior... Screamers I4 like the CBR are
dead and buried and no longer a part of anyone's MotoGp race plans...

I will also say that cost is a huge factor in why the I4 is still viable. That being said, apart from Suzuki and Yamaha, all other bikes in MotoGP next year will have V4 engines. Honda, Ducati, Aprilia and even KTM (new to 2017) will all be running a V4! We'll give Yamaha half credit for trying to virtualization it! :wink:

• Member Contributer
On 10/7/2016 at 11:34 AM, Rogue_Biker said:

Aprilia lists the RSV4 as 398 lbs. dry, but Motorcycle.com measured its wet weight at 456 lbs.  To compare, the CBR1000RR SP weighs 441 and the R1 is 442 wet.  Ok the Aprilia is not a "porker" in and of itself but it is compared to what's out there now.  If the '17 CBR dropped another 10 lbs., then that gap widens.

The Tuono is the one closing in on 1100 cc. 

Aprilia just revised the RSV4 in 2016 and it has more power at 179 at the wheels.  It's a sub 1,000cc.  So why does it still weight more compared to its peers?   

Aprilia has a brand new 2017 RSV4, heavily revised.

Its still not a porker.. A VFR is a porker.

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, JZH said:

Perhaps my memory is not 100% accurate, but I certainly don't recall anyone asking for a 1200cc, shaft-drive, tiny-tanked, automatic transmissioned, "new-styled" VFR.  No one.  If anyone can point me to any of these presumably numerous enthusiast requests prior to the introduction of the 1200 I'd be happy to retract my statement.  I do recall hearing numerous people on forums requesting a "1000cc VFR", usually lighter and potentially more RC30-like than the existing VTEC.  Not more ST1300-like (with a shorter range, lol).

But, that's what Honda provided.  I haven't bought a new Honda since 1990, so I don't think they were especially targetting me... :tongue:

Ciao,

I agree... Honda's 1200cc Veefalo is a ST1100 replacement not a VFR... we are not the only ones still waiting for a more sporty VFR 1000R...

• Member Contributer

I am as keen as any1 for a 1k+ v4 from Honda (X  1 N. Hayden) ..prŕŕrŕr

Who has/rides a cbr1k? $16000 AU✔

2018RVF1K? $.....(25K+?)

Apart from oral pleasure where are we at

?

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2016 at 9:02 PM, BusyLittleShop said:

I agree... Honda's 1200cc Veefalo is a ST1100 replacement not a VFR... we are not the only ones still waiting for a more sporty VFR 1000R...

You've never ridden a 1200F, have you?  That much is crystal clear.  

Calling it an ST1100 replacement is just plain wrong.

• Member Contributer

Guys relax.

Honda is waiting for their 70th birthday next year to release the WSBK homologation special V4.

I will allow you to perch upon mine at TexasMac 2018

• Member Contributer

But, that's what Honda provided.  I haven't bought a new Honda since 1990, so I don't think they were especially targetting me... tongue.png

Ciao,

So, only explanation, "lost in translation"? Maybe a few pointed sketches to help them understand....RC30 with modern power and reliability.
Just received my copy of Greg Pullen's Honda V4, read it through already, in my head I kept trying to coax them into getting it right....Haha, I failed, sorry guys...

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 09/10/2016 at 10:38 AM, boOZZIE said:

Who has/rides a cbr1k? $16000 AU✔

2018RVF1K? $.....(25K+?)

Apart from oral pleasure where are we at

?

Party pooper ! Traitor to the cause ! :pissed:

How dare you sink our hopes with cold, heartless logic ! :laugh:

• Member Contributer

If there's no decision on the tyga headers by end of year,

then on CC prediction all my money is going into the 2018 RVF1000 fund

:fing02:  :wheel:

• Member Contributer
On 12/1/2016 at 1:09 AM, V4 Rosso said:

I think Honda's idea behind the Veefalo was to be the successor of both the VFR and the Blackbird.

Mercy Rosso... You really cracked me up with that comment...

Archived