American VFR

Skids

• Member Contributer

Just skimmed through this month's (Nov 16) Bike magazine (UK publication) and there's a great article entitled "America Reinvents the VFR". They're talking about the Motus MST (and MST-R), a bespoke design with their own engine which packs a punch in the torque department: "By 3500rpm it's making more than a Ducati 1198 at peak. At 4000rpm it's out-torqued Yam's VMAX and the supercharged Kawasaki H2."

They say it's a really sweet ST bike and one of the best road bike engines in existence. High praise indeed.

I've never heard of or seen this bike before and wondered whether it's well known over in the US?

Performance wise, they blew the VFR out of the water, unfortunately they also blew the VFR's price tag out of the water as well. It is still a dream bike of mine. That would be one of the first bikes that I would buy after winning the lottery.

• Member Contributer
26 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Performance wise, they blew the VFR out of the water, unfortunately they also blew the VFR's price tag out of the water as well. It is still a dream bike of mine. That would be one of the first bikes that I would buy after winning the lottery.

Yes, it is a tad more expensive than the 1200.

• Member Contributer

There is a Motus dealer down the road from me. I took a look at them and have to say the build quality was excellent, unfortunately the price tag would be even greater for me as a divorce would soon follow!

IMG_2456_zpsiwihlnpv.jpg

IMG_2455_zpswxkwvqdk.jpg

IMG_2454_zps05t7dwvu.jpg

IMG_2453_zpsoipcrlmr.jpg

IMG_2452_zpsdeyw6wcn.jpg

There is a Motus dealer down the road from me. I took a look at them and have to say the build quality was excellent, unfortunately the price tag would be even greater for me as a divorce would soon follow!

IMG_2456_zpsiwihlnpv.jpg

IMG_2455_zpswxkwvqdk.jpg

IMG_2454_zps05t7dwvu.jpg

IMG_2453_zpsoipcrlmr.jpg

IMG_2452_zpsdeyw6wcn.jpg

Contrary to popular belief it is NOT cheaper to keep her.

Sent from my overpriced smartphone

• Member Contributer

Pretty impressive specs. Those red heads make me drool. 

For that price I'd rather have a white and a red 2017 VFR800.  And a couple of fifth gens - of which at least one would be a pristine low miler. Then I would not worry so much about taking any of them for a month of s/t  camping.

Well people who can afford these bikes probably wouldn't worry about taking a $38k bike on a cross country tour.  For the rest of us working slaving away at 8-5 jobs, we like value.  LOL!  So I agree, I would have an 8th Gen and a CBR1000RR SP for sport rides.  Both of these still cost less than the Motus.

Man!  But 180 bhp?  That's 160 rwhp!  And no VTEC valve adjustment intervals!  I think valve actuation is pushrod operated. 

• Member Contributer

With that much hp, I'd be afraid of a twitch that'd put me on my butt, or that my wrist would get the better of my self control and do something stupid.:ohmy: 

• Member Contributer

I'd have to ride it, and it'd have to make me forget VFRs exist. If it could do that, I'd rather buy one of those than get a loan for a new car.

That being said.. I highly doubt that would happen.

Interesting but I don't want to spend that much on a car, much less a bike.

At that price I could get at least 2 or 3 bikes. 

Let's see, a VFR800 DLX and a Factory Aprilia Tuono.

That's more than I need right there.

Dream on til your dreams come true. :beer:

Jay Leno did a segment about the Motus on his YouTube channel. Rode the bike. Talked with the founders of the company. Quite interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived