"Modern" PP/PR2 combo?

SEBSPEED

So, I've been running this combo for years, and it works well but it's getting dated. Love it for having good grip, sporty front profile with good turn in, and both tires wear out close enough to each other that I never end up with mismatched tires.

What's the new high standard for this combo? "X" sport profile with PR3? PR4?

Keb's not allowed to chime in, he only rides great roads :P

I use every bit of my tires, and even though I commute and ride some highways, I still manage to wear the off-center sections of my rear before the middle. 

I can't run a sport rear tire, I just don't get enough miles out of them.

• Member Contributer

I've been running a PP3 front with a PR2 rear and more recently a PR4 rear. I love the combo and more importantly, I get good and near equal mileage out both front and rear.

• Member Contributer

Why are you wasting money on a good front tire?  I've ridden with you.  Your front end is seldom on the road, Mr. SSpeed......:goofy:

FWIW, I have a set of "obsolete" BTO23's on mine and they grip better than PR2's and are wearing MUCH better as well.  They are MUCH less expensive than the latest and greatest Bstone's and they handle better than PR2's for me.  I have yet to be able to spin the rear in a corner.  A PR2 is easy to spin & slide IMHO and no, they don't last long for me either.    

1 hour ago, Bent said:

FWIW, I have a set of "obsolete" BTO23's on mine and they grip better than PR2's and are wearing MUCH better as well.  They are MUCH less expensive than the latest and greatest Bstone's and they handle better than PR2's for me.  I have yet to be able to spin the rear in a corner.  A PR2 is easy to spin & slide IMHO and no, they don't last long for me either.    

Step away from the BONG/Crack Pipe Jim! :unsure:

023's are not as good of a tire compared to PR2's in any way IMO. :wink:

I realize you are much faster then me, but I've never had a PR2 spin up on me unless I've hit some real shitz in the road.

Seb, I've yet to find a rear tire that out performs a PR2 in Wet/Dry traction, handling and wear life. Yes there are grippier tires out there, but unlike Keb I can't afford to change them every 1500-2000 miles. :wacko:  The EVO's are nice, but again they get 25-50% less life then a PR2. 

I would change/try a PP3 front instead of a PP on the next set though. 

Jim, isn't it nap time!  :goofy:

:beer:

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, Baileyrock said:

Step away from the BONG/Crack Pipe Jim! :unsure:

023's are not as good of a tire compared to PR2's in any way IMO. :wink:

I realize you are much faster then me, but I've never had a PR2 spin up on me unless I've hit some real shitz in the road.

Seb, I've yet to find a rear tire that out performs a PR2 in Wet/Dry traction, handling and wear life. Yes there are grippier tires out there, but unlike Keb I can't afford to change them every 1500-2000 miles. :wacko:  The EVO's are nice, but again they get 25-50% less life then a PR2. 

I would change/try a PP3 front instead of a PP on the next set though. 

Jim, isn't it nap time!  :goofy:

:beer:

Kevin,

It isn't crack, it's just the vitamins.  And, me being faster than you.....we both know better.  It just goes to show how different people have different experiences.  I definitely did spin PR2 rears, very occasionally, but it can happen.  NOBODY has ever told me anything GOOD about 023's but my experience with them is excellent and, for now, that's what I'm riding with.  I don't think either one of us has ever been called a "conformist" but I'm beginning to wonder about you.  I bet you even did a valve adjustment on your '02 VFR didn't you....LOL!!  Keep Nashvegas weird!      

Archived