5th Gen Solo Racks - CLEAR OUT

KanadianKen

Question

I've got about 20 of the 5th Gen Solo Racks left - and I need them gone. 

Price of $140 USD  includes shipping to Conti North America.

You will have to source bolts and spacers (About $10) on your own.

Paypal me at   ken.irwin AT bell.net  and i'll ship same day if possible - worst case next day.  You will get an email with a tracking number.

Thanks.

If anyone thinks they may EVER want one of these, even if it is 5 years from now, buy it now!!!!

I waited 2 years for Ken to make another batch and pushed him to do it. Even helped with fit up, installation instructions, etc. just to make it happen. After all of the work, I have a feeling he won't be making any more of these in the future (just my hunch).

• Member Contributer

And its height is to allow the seat to be removed, is it?

Cheers,

And its height is to allow the seat to be removed, is it?

Cheers,

That is correct. The latest version was actually lowered 1.5" from the original, which still allows plenty of room for the seat to be removed and installed.

• Member Contributer

Which one clears the rear seat cowl?  Or do both versions (tall and short) of the 5G solo rack clear the seat cowl?

Which one clears the rear seat cowl?  Or do both versions (tall and short) of the 5G solo rack clear the seat cowl?

Both would if you trimmed the cowl to go around the mounting brackets.

I have actually stuck a small tank bag between the seat and rack for extra storage on trips (without the cowl).

• Member Contributer

I'd love one for my 4th gen, but I guess that will never happen. Anybody with Solo Rack also have a 4th gen to see if an adapter could be easily fabricated?

JZH -sorry i didn't respond.  Got busy at end of August and wasn't on here much.

I've decided that the price is going back to $140 USD shipped.  I will not make another batch of the 5th gen solo racks again.  Unfortunately the demand just isn't what it needs to be for me to at least make my money back.

Get em while they exist!

Thanks

Hi Ken - do you still have any lingering 5th gen solo racks?

Ken asked me to reply for him since he is on a plane today. Yes, he has them still. PM him directly or he will respond to the thread when he can.

Archived