Riding quotes

• Member Contributer
21 minutes ago, VFR4Lee said:

Well known facts:

Deer are evil.

Put a Ducati logo on your VFR and most people will never know. :tongue:

I think putting a Honda logo on my Ducati will ruffle more feathers :wink: I'm sure it would piss off some die hard Ducatisti!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

I think putting a Honda logo on my Ducati will ruffle more feathers

I would not do it, but LMAO.  :beer:

Showed my bike to a friend that rides a 2004 CBR600rr last night. I asked him if he knew what it was. He said ducati, I said no, then he said kawasaki and I said no again. I told him it was a honda and he didn't believe me. He said, "How can this be, nothing on this bike is honda. It has kawasaki lines and a ducati single sided swing arm." Then I showed him a quick google for vfr800. Lol the look on his face,

• Member Contributer

From the guy trying to sell me a $12 car stereo out of a shopping bag ("a really good one!"):

"Do you drive a Harley?  (No)  Well, shut up then!"

From everybody:

"You don't look like a crotch-rocket rider."

From a respected Safety Professional after I told him that a lot of bike collisions are caused by cagers:

"Doesn't matter if you're dead right, you're still dead."

First time I met this guy, "We're about the same in a straight line, but I can go faster in the curves. You should let me by,"

Then, he tells me his name, LOL.

Second time I see him he's laying by the guardrail with busted shoulder and bike.

Went in way too hot chasing someone else. Oh yeah, you're a f'ing great rider. :wacko:

Third time I see him at the motorcycle show. If I spotted him sooner he wouldn't have seen me. :tongue:

On 29/8/2016 at 1:19 AM, Duc2V4 said:

When people are looking at my red 01 VFR, "Nice bike, is that a Ducati?"

And here's my typical answer,"No but I have one of those too"

One night I was in traffic in one of Sydney's busier Saturday night areas (Paddington) with a mate - I on my black 4th Gen, he on his red 4th Gen, both with Staintunes. Sitting at the lights talking to each other when two very hot young women spotted the bikes - they'd had a few orange whips, and one tottered over to us in her heels saying "Oh wow, I just loooove Ducatis" with a big smile... to my mate of course, the guy on the loud red bike :tongue:

He replied "Sorry baby, it's a Honda!"

She stopped, looked a bit miffed, and said "Well, you're a wanker then, aren't you???"

Hahahahahaha... we both nearly dropped our bikes laughing :goofy:

10 hours ago, BusyLittleShop said:

I installed Ducati 999 mirrors on Marv's ZX7 and nobody notices because they are painted green...

DucatiMirrors01.JPG

DucatiMirrors02.JPG

DucatiMirrors04.JPG

Larry, that looks terrific... would look even better with clear lense indicators!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Front-Turn-Signals-Indicator-Blinker-Lens-Clear-Fit-2002-2006-DUCATI-749-999-/281055696034?hash=item41703994a2:m:m6Gy6eTfEaAB905Wlu0XLLg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2016 at 11:34 PM, The Phantom said:

I've seen that beautiful machine over on the ZXFORUM a couple of times. Never thought it would follow me over here. Love the ZX7R. Thinking of making mine a track bike. 

• Member Contributer
41 minutes ago, RichVee4 said:

Some variations of this around. 

When life throws you a curve, twist the throttle and lean into it. 

Similar one on the Hwy 129 tees....

"One good turn deserves 317 more."

• Member Contributer

From Olive:

All The Gear When You Hit A Deer

She did mention that she was thinking of patenting it, or maybe it was a copyright.

BTW Olive: Where in the world are you today. I missed you at the Hoot.

• Member Contributer

I hate the term "crotch rocket".  It's like the term "assault rifle" to me.  I own an "assault baseball bat" too.   

When someone uses "crotch rocket" in conversation with me, I ask, "What exactly is a crotch rocket"?  I have yet to get an intelligent, well thought out answer."  

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, Bent said:

I hate the term "crotch rocket".  It's like the term "assault rifle" to me.  I own an "assault baseball bat" too.   

When someone uses "crotch rocket" in conversation with me, I ask, "What exactly is a crotch rocket"?  I have yet to get an intelligent, well thought out answer."  

+1

When peeps ask what I ride I try to deny it's a "crotch rocket". My usual response is "It looks like a crotch rocket but is is more touring bike" or some such folderol.

1 hour ago, MaxSwell said:

When peeps ask what I ride I try to deny it's a "crotch rocket".

Denial? Meh.

Tell them to get out of the way of the jet blast. :goofy:

• Member Contributer
On 9/14/2016 at 4:25 PM, MaxSwell said:

BTW Olive: Where in the world are you today. I missed you at the Hoot.

MIA for the past 6 months - last logged in March 15th.

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

+1

When peeps ask what I ride I try to deny it's a "crotch rocket". My usual response is "It looks like a crotch rocket but is is more touring bike" or some such folderol.

Let's just admit it.  We're all labeled as stupid people because everybody knows of a motorcyclist that died on a motorcycle usually killed by a stupid cage driver.  It's more socially accepted to be a stupid cage driver killing bicycle and motorcycle riders now and then.  

Everybody has a snake story, a dog story, and a motorcycle story.  But, they never do anything "exciting".  I avoid people in every way that get vocal about motorcycle riding being stupid.  We are all independent thinking people and that's the preferred way IMO.   

1 hour ago, Bent said:

Let's just admit it.  We're all labeled as stupid people because everybody knows of a motorcyclist that died on a motorcycle usually killed by a stupid cage driver.  It's more socially accepted to be a stupid cage driver killing bicycle and motorcycle riders now and then. 

Often when leaving whatever kind of gathereing there is always someone that tells you to drive safely instead of just a simple goodbye. Those are the drivers to watch out for, never leave a party the same time they do. Example :wacko:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, V4 Rosso said:

Often when leaving whatever kind of gathereing there is always someone that tells you to drive safely instead of just a simple goodbye. Those are the drivers to watch out for, never leave a party the same time they do. Example :wacko:

Better him having that "mom" than me.  He will NEVER EVER forget what his mom did.  That family has deep scars due to stupidity.  How could she NOT see her son???????????????????????  Probably on a cell phone........

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, V4 Rosso said:

Oh the irony here huh?! The only reason I can laugh is that he wasn't seriously hurt. Then again, give it a day or two. I got rear ended when I was on my bike and a day after while standing, I went to turn and do something and my back "locked up" on me. I literally couldn't move an inch without a sheer amount of pain shooting up my spine.

Archived