• Member Contributer

Angel Eyes complete headlight setups now available (not affiliated, just seeing this for the first time).  No more DIY necessary

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/KT-LED-Angel-Demon-Eye-HID-Headlight-Assembly-Fit-for-Honda-VFR800-2002-2012-Red-/291841268336?hash=item43f3185a70:g:4ZYAAOSw-itXqY0E&vxp=mtr

• Member Contributer

It would interesting to see the results and just how good they may be. But they're (understandably) not cheap.

• Member Contributer

Always suspect of stuff from China but slowly warming up to it. I would love to see these in operation and how good the quality is.

• Member Contributer

Really like these, could be a future mod.

does anyone know about replacing the bulbs? ie how hard

Cheers 

• Member Contributer

On a bike with H4s it's kinda pointless unless you turn off your headlights.  6th gen, however, does have separate beams. 

Ciao,

24 minutes ago, Egg on Leggs said:

The VTEC arguably has one of the best headlight set ups in motorcycling, do these replacement systems bring any tangable improvement?

Depends on the quality of the projectors/bulbs/ballasts/ect and how precise they were aimed. I am wondering if they are bixexon or just stand low beam projectors on the bottom and high beam up top. Probably just standard. For nearly $600 I would expect all high quality components, with sharp cut offs. If it were $200ish I would suspect low quality stuff.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Egg on Leggs said:

The VTEC arguably has one of the best headlight set ups in motorcycling, do these replacement systems bring any tangable improvement?

It does Jim, at least imo. I've fitted HiD-Xenon low beams in my 6th Gen which are ~5000k so near pure white and they stand out far better than incandescent bulbs, even the aftermarket 90%+ more light halogen replacements in my high beam are pale in comparison. So I believe they make the bike stand out and help drivers see me better/quicker.

It's a while since I've ridden at night but iirc, the HiDs are at least as good.

All subjective, of course.

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, Skids said:

It does Jim, at least imo. I've fitted HiD-Xenon low beams in my 6th Gen which are ~5000k so near pure white and they stand out far better than incandescent bulbs, even the aftermarket 90%+ more light halogen replacements in my high beam are pale in comparison. So I believe they make the bike stand out and help drivers see me better/quicker.

It's a while since I've ridden at night but iirc, the HiDs are at least as good.

Do you consider that the beam reach, pattern and cut off are equal to or better than stock?

1 hour ago, Skids said:

HID's in the factory housing is pretty irrelevant to a true xenon projector retrofit. When you put HID's in a housing that was designed for halogens, the beam pattern, focus and cut off are terrible, its pretty much useless for anything beyond pissing everyone else on the road off. The original post is in regards to a projector retrofit with HID's, which has the potential to be far superior... 

So the previous owner did the retrofit of only the lowers
I've since rewired them to clean up the harness but have not pulled apart the housing or changed the cutoff.
The bulbs can be replaced without opening the housing but to do it I would take the cowl off completely

So the previous owner did the retrofit of only the lowers
I've since rewired them to clean up the harness but have not pulled apart the housing or changed the cutoff.
The bulbs can be replaced without opening the housing but to do it I would take the cowl off completely

What the cutoff looks like against my truck
It's barely below rear trunk line when following most cars
52e9a1138ae8b78175541816c8e3c34f.jpg

With hid's on

a0a138ac0cec768d9635f26f13b59902.jpg

I have a switch to turn hid's off

9cfa4f668d90060bd5a56371d5194889.jpg

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

HID's in the factory housing is pretty irrelevant to a true xenon projector retrofit. When you put HID's in a housing that was designed for halogens, the beam pattern, focus and cut off are terrible, its pretty much useless for anything beyond pissing everyone else on the road off. The original post is in regards to a projector retrofit with HID's, which has the potential to be far superior... 

Then mine must me misbehaving because the beam pattern is not terrible, the cut-off, though not quite as pin-sharp as OEM, is still pretty good and I don't get any flashes from oncoming traffic, ever. And the added benefits of improved safety with pure white vs incandescent lighting make it an easy, no-brainer for me.

19 hours ago, Egg on Leggs said:

Do you consider that the beam reach, pattern and cut off are equal to or better than stock?

As above m8 and as I said earlier, it's a while since I've ridden in the dark but the bits that aren't quite as good as OEM (cut-off mainly) are outweighed by the safety increase (anecdotal on my part) and improved night vision. The beam pattern is more than acceptable iirc, it may even be as good or better, I'm afraid I don't quite recall.

Archived