4th gen build, not SF ;)

• Member Contributer

I decided to clean up the garage. With lots of parts laying around it was time to put them on something, so I picked up another 4th gen. Pretty clean bike to start. Most of the parts used were Hawk GT parts made by Hawk forum members.

Hub etc; Used Hawk modified spindle, nc35 rear wheel, Hawk spec cush delete, Hawk spec caliper hanger with mini Brembo, and Hawk rotor. All told the hub assy lost almost 6lbs of rotating mass. Caliper and hanger another lb.

nc35 rear wheel was good for another 2lbs off. JDM rear shock was good for another 1.5lbs.

Up front we installed JDM cartridge kits. I was going to go VTR forks, but figured both performance and cost it was a wash. Stock forks also allowed me to use the Harris calipers.

The Left exit TBR system is the icing on the cake.

First ride shake down was done at a track day at UMC (formerly Miller). Slight suspension adjustments, and all was good :)

Sounds great, handles great, looks awesome to me, and there is now more shelf space in the garage.

Best.jpgIMG_5914.JPGFS2A4886.JPGFS2A4885.JPGIMG_5922.JPG

You're bike is so nice like that. 4th gen has already been my favorite ;-)

Is the fairing the original one? Seems in a very good condition. Don't hesitate to post more pictures!

This is easily one of the nicest and most performance oriented 4th gens that I have ever seen. To top it off, its even cleaner than my 2007 lol.

• Member Contributer

The only question I'd have would be about the NC35 rear wheel.  It's 17" x 4.5", IIRC, so that's appropriate for a 150-section tire, isn't it?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, JZH said:

The only question I'd have would be about the NC35 rear wheel.  It's 17" x 4.5", IIRC, so that's appropriate for a 150-section tire, isn't it?

Ciao,

Most companies now recommend a 160 on a 4.5, and even on a 5.0.... Dunlop/Pirelli/Michelin/etc... Originally in 199? they did run 150's on them...... I run a 160 bt003 and it works awesome :) I have a friend who runs a 160 on a 5" on his 4th gen, says it's all good.

IMG_5934.JPG

Archived