The Ace Of Spades Baltics Tour 2016

Dutchy

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Yep, but their price point is distinctly "modern".

I did suggest a price point to start discussions, but the dealer is convinced someone will hand him the Euro 8,240 asking price for it.

If he does, well done son.

But for that money, I'd want a few points addressed/fixed. Like the rough pitting on the stanchions, clean  the injectors etc, and ok yeah, if you put on a new rear tyre, why fit a 2015 Sportmax when there is still a Continental at the front   (miaauuww..).

My wife tells me she thinks the white/grey SP2 looks ugly...  

Oh yeah, life's a beach....  :goofy:

On the other hand....

imageproxy.jpg

Paid into the system for 30 years,

now they -for a limited time- look after me....

On ‎6‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 10:45 AM, Dutchy said:

My wife tells me she thinks the white/grey SP2 looks ugly...  

Oh yeah, life's a beach.... 

Well, its you buying a bike, not she, right..... But if she thinks the RED SP-1 is the best looking I totally agree :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Time is on my side :-)    Unlike Mick Jagger who seems to think "better get another one in before I leave this mortal coil..." :goofy:

Two 2nd hand SP-2's (white ones) recently sold -privately- for <Euro 5.5k (yeah I should have pounced like a puma...... :unsure:)

With the Black Edition "only a paint job", I'd give that a premium of 1k tops

I put in a bid of 6,666 (it is a beast of a machine after all..) today, but they too stick to their guns.

One will turn up.

Chatted with the guy running the window cleaners here. He's a track only guy (1000 Suzi) and one of his mates has a black/red/silver SP'2 he might be ready to let go.

A bit like this one, let see if anything develops...

IMG_7253.jpg

Its a shame you don´t live in Finland Leon...

http://www.nettimoto.com/honda/vtr/1918967

36k kms

-PC3

-Speedhealer (gearing -1/+2)

-Wilbers shock

-Wilbers treatmet in fork

-Acrapovic exhaust

-Gillerin clipons

- more... all oem stuff included but shock....€7290

honda-vtr-1918967_l_787cbbc2c7152dd0.jpg

But you would miss all the fun to do the mods ofcourse........

• Member Contributer

US models were "RVT" rather than "VTR", so I think the white/black versions were the 2002-03 SP2 colours.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, keny said:

I will check this one out! spoke with the guy briefly to check availability/time to go over for a look.

Price seems fair, there are plenty dreamers out there.  But in the end, "value" is a personal perception and that is ok too.

3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

I will check this one out! spoke with the guy briefly to check availability/time to go over for a look.

Price seems fair, there are plenty dreamers out there.  But in the end, "value" is a personal perception and that is ok too.

Very nice, and the price looks decent to, go for it!!!

• Member Contributer

I have a red one on my "list", too, but I've heard from many sources that they are a bit of a torture rack to ride for any length of time.  Is this to replace Redslut in all-rounder duties?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Yes that is what I hear too, but after a LeMans, everything is relative.

With the fuel consumption of an SP what it is, multi hour stints are not on the cards anyway.

Spoke with a -ok, he was a lot younger- guy who rode to Monte Carlo and back on his SP1.....  

19 years ago I bought redslut out of lust with a bit of common sense for good measure. An SP2 is pure lust and time will tell if she is a keeper...

Motorcycles have never been my all-round transport, so the VF500F2 will for now be our 2-up, lets go for a gentle spin...

Part of my brain says "get a F800GS, FJ(R)1200 or a XT660" but no, I'm set to follow my balls...  

Isn't that what adolescents do? :goofy:

redslut was the perfect machine for the Ace Of Spades tour, but given the time (and mindset), it could be done on a SP as well. and I would if the chance arises to finish the "missing leg" anti clockwise (and sweep through Hungary, Czech on the way back)

Dutch Sjaak toured the world on a Fireblade in 1995-1998 http://www.sjaaklucassen.nl/en/category/avonturen/fireblade/fireblade-world-tour-route/ and later on a (more sponsored) R1 http://www.sjaaklucassen.nl/en/category/avonturen/r1-world-tour/r1-world-tour-route/

On 9-12-2016 at 8:50 PM, douglasthecook said:

you know where my tail section came from!!!

I will never forget our 800+km ride from Spangdahlem to northern Italy in an afternoon, which for you was the first ride of the season, and not a single complaint about being uncomfortable on that tiny piece of foam that supposedly is a seat. :happy:

2 hours ago, V4 Rosso said:

I will never forget our 800+km ride from Spangdahlem to northern Italy in an afternoon

+ an evening and half a night :wink: Was a great trip....good times!

3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Yes that is what I hear too, but after a LeMans, everything is relative.

With the fuel consumption of an SP what it is, multi hour stints are not on the cards anyway.

Spoke with a -ok, he was a lot younger- guy who rode to Monte Carlo and back on his SP1.....  

19 years ago I bought redslut out of lust with a bit of common sense for good measure. An SP2 is pure lust and time will tell if she is a keeper...

Motorcycles have never been my all-round transport, so the VF500F2 will for now be our 2-up, lets go for a gentle spin...

Part of my brain says "get a F800GS, FJ(R)1200 or a XT660" but no, I'm set to follow my balls...  

redslut was the perfect machine for the Ace Of Spades tour, but given the time (and mindset), it could be done on a SP as well. and I would if the chance arises to finish the "missing leg" anti clockwise (and sweep through Hungary, Czech on the way back)

Dutch Sjaak toured the world on a Fireblade in 1995-1998 http://www.sjaaklucassen.nl/en/category/avonturen/fireblade/fireblade-world-tour-route/ and later on a (more sponsored) R1 http://www.sjaaklucassen.nl/en/category/avonturen/r1-world-tour/r1-world-tour-route/

Well, if you do a part 2 of the Ace Of Spade tour anti clockwise, the trip turns back in Finland :ph34r:

And for short rides to stop at nice places next to wind mills to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee while looking at a RC51 is a good balls thinking even a XT600Z...(XT660) would be more practical.....:cool:

• Member Contributer
On 13-12-2016 at 5:50 PM, V4 Rosso said:

I will never forget our 800+km ride from Spangdahlem to northern Italy in an afternoon, which for you was the first ride of the season, and not a single complaint about being uncomfortable on that tiny piece of foam that supposedly is a seat. :happy:

:goofy:

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, JZH said:

I have a red one on my "list", too, but I've heard from many sources that they are a bit of a torture rack to ride for any length of time.  Is this to replace Redslut in all-rounder duties?

Ciao,

Trace plans to mount his RC51 on the wall when he no longer can handle the torture rack.  He used to ride it to TMAC every year, but brought a Multistrada the last couple of years.

20 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Gentle spin, sort of like my 500X.  As I recall, the throttle is on the right...

• Member Contributer

So........................   4 months after the crash, I sat and rode a lttle bit on my VF today; wanting to verify that my left wrist can handle the clutch. so that I can at least do a little test ride on the SP2 I will check out tomorrow (just to feel the aftermarket colliflower rotors :-) )

In front of the house only since the VF registration is suspended during Dec-Feb.

WAHEY!!!!

IMAG6053_1.jpg

Leon. No. I hadn't forgotten what you look like.

Stop startling me like that!! I'm now within typical heart attack vulnerable age range.

Put the camera down, engage the countdown timer and get behind the bike... Like squatting down... like Rossi...

LoL

• Member Contributer

I only post my ugly mug so you all can feel beautiful....  :unsure:

Archived