The Ace Of Spades Baltics Tour 2016

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

Redslut has arrived in the Netherlands :beer:

This week she will be delivered at my local dealer (3km away) from where I will pick her up.

Soured a front end paddock stand (slides in the headstock) so I can salvage some parts to be sold on.

May redslut live on in other RC36's.... :goofy:

For instance...

8 spoker

Thurn Motorsport "single nut" cover plate

Wilbers 641 rear shock

Wilber front springs

(wiremybike's) stator

(wiremybike's) MOSFET RR (5th gen, made plug and play for 3/4th gen)

Front rim with EBC pro-lite rotors

Goodridge stainless steel brake/clutch lines, master ciilinders, "cut away"cluch pressure plate

Custom upholstered seat

6th gen sidecase rack modified for 4th gen

GIVI topcase rack

Carbon fibre front fender and rear hugger CF/aluminium

SSSA

etc etc...

Yeah, there's 19 years of farkling here..

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hello Cock!

Wrist is still sore if I twist it the "wrong" way/when I wake up during the night and in the morning,

It is still (three weeks by now) in cast. We'll see if they'll remove it Monday next....

Found my VF500 key today (had "put it in a safe place" 8 weeks ago before we set off to Italy...) and she fired right up.

So come spring, I will first take her for a ride and see.  For yes, I'm all convinced I will keep riding, but the proof will be in the pudding...

I fancy a VTR1000R/SC45/RC51 (SP2 version) but there too, first ride one to know for sure. 5 years ago a sat on one at the local dealer, but my gut was "in the way".

Having dropped 11 kilo's for my 2-up ride with Mamola, I'm hopeful the RC51 will fit me better.....

But 1st things 1st, heal up, find a job I like with people that like me and that I like.....  :goofy:

Achieve that in say max 2 years and I will be happy as a pig in muck!  I have time, means and opportunity to charter the next chapter of my professional life.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Hello Cock!

Wrist is still sore if I twist it the "wrong" way/when I wake up during the night and in the morning,

It is still (three weeks by now) in cast. We'll see if they'll remove it Monday next....

Found my VF500 key today (had "put it in a safe place" 8 weeks ago before we set off to Italy...) and she fired right up.

So come spring, I will first take her for a ride and see.  For yes, I'm all convinced I will keep riding, but the proof will be in the pudding...

I fancy a VTR1000R/SC45/RC51 (SP2 version) but there too, first ride one to know for sure. 5 years ago a sat on one at the local dealer, but my gut was "in the way".

Having dropped 11 kilo's for my 2-up ride with Mamola, I'm hopeful the RC51 will fit me better.....

But 1st things 1st, heal up, find a job I like with people that like me and that I like.....  :goofy:

Achieve that in say max 2 years and I will be happy as a pig in muck!  I have time, means and opportunity to charter the next chapter of my professional life.

Ok, that is all good news. I sometimes take pics with my phone of those things I "put in a safe place", just in case I need a reminder... 

Sounds like you have some ideas for bikes. Have you been to dealerships?? Just to see what is out there?? I am not suggesting anything else, just saying that new things may catch your eye. I, for sure, am not current on Mother Honda's offering --nor on any other company. 

As for the job, you are right, this should be your first priority. Will you go back to school?   :wacko:.................. one never knows. 

Best of luck my friend!! 

• Member Contributer

Back to school?

Let me think about that....

"maybe"...

8101d8ed1e243425f15367dca3e75047.jpg

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Back to school?

Let me think about that....

"maybe"...

8101d8ed1e243425f15367dca3e75047.jpg

Hehehe. My thoughts exactly. There ARE pros to going back... 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Polarbear said:

Hehehe. My thoughts exactly. There ARE pros to going back... 

And to think that my teenage daughter went to a school 4,903.1km away from yours!

• Member Contributer

Have transportation, will travel....

Nah, as soon as you hit 50, one becomes invisible to females <25...

:-)

Under the conditions of my severance package, I do have a large (re)training/certification budget at my disposal. So once I figure out what I want/need, I will go "back to school"

• Member Contributer

Put in the formal request today to have redslut's road registration ended; this will enable me to stop the insurance and road tax (both are compulsory).

1st registered on 9th September 1997, the curtain has fallen 19 years later.

• Member Contributer

Normal people take their dog for a walk.

Dutch people on the other hand...  :goofy:

IMAG5244.jpg

The party is full swing

IMAG5245.jpg

As you can see, the rear of the frame's 2 area where the subframe gets bolted onto snapped of cleaned on both sides

IMAG5250.jpg

P8151124.thumb.JPG.7699ce2a0c21132067bceb7be7e67b76.JPG

The Dutchy was a great help (and extra pair of hands) and will refurb the clutch cover on his 4th gen.

Redslut is dead, long live redslut!!

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Normal people take their dog for a walk.

Dutch people on the other hand...

IMAG5244.jpg

The party is full swing

IMAG5245.jpg

IMAG5250.jpg

The Dutchy was a great help (and extra pair of hands) and will refurb the clutch cover on his 4th gen.

Redslut is dead, long live redslut!!

So others may live!

• Member Contributer

Started putting stuff in the classifieds;  MOSFET RR +VFRness and carbon fibre front fender.

If anyone need a critical small part, do PM me! :goofy:

Gone are the 8-spoker, Wilbers rear shock, Seb's clutch cover, body panels (I still have 2 tail parts in the classifieds), front brake calipers.

Shipping the complete (caliper/brake rotor) SSSA to US will cost a fortune methink.....

For Leon, who didn't notice, I was dressed for the occasion.. The t-shirt reads Antique Archaeology.. IOW the American :wink:  pickers..

I did make a section for "that goes to The Dutchy".. For insiders, a friend of me went down also, but his VFR can be saved with parts from Red Slut so I am very thankfull to Leon to get these items at a realy great offer.. And to make Leon happy, some of the bits of Red Slut DNA will continue on my VFR.

I know Leon for a while, but it was nice to really get to know Leon and his family.. I was glad to help him out, and also to meet his family.. They made me a nice dinner for the work done and I had a good time..

But again Leon.. The $ 5.- delivery at home was non-negiotable???  We had to drag Red Slut to the slaughterhouse for another mile ?? For Leon it seemed like a mile, but it must have been three according to the route Leon planned... Leon: The shortest route between two points A&B is a straight line.. Not throught C,D and some elevations going to point E, getting back to A again after we've seen F though Z....

Anyway redsluts tailbits, the top middle section above the tail light are already mounted on The Dutchy's VFR.. 

I'll need a holiday to regain myself again from this one... :beer:

Wow, so sorry about your accident. Bike can be replaced but your life's another story.
At work and just got done reading the entire thread.
First thought was hope the wife didn't get the call from the hospital.
Ride on bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st registered on 9th September 1997, the curtain has fallen 19 years later.

Damn. That's rough, especially as clean as that was. I've had my oldest vehicle since 2004 and it's not that nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Glad you are OK.  Get another VFR, the forum won't be the same without you!

• Member Contributer

Front wheel is out now too, rotors going stateside...

IMAG5346.thumb.jpg.b6d6d3c34f06a24d409b42a3aad80e7a.jpg

Forks out tomorrow..

Archived