Clutch Window/Clear Cover VFRD Promo Special 2016

SEBSPEED

Question

Similar to the offer from 2014, I am starting another big run of parts. I need 15 people to commit to get this run going. 

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 15 buyers to take advantage, plus FREE RETURN SHIPPING in the USA! (if you're outside the USA, I will mark down your total shipping by $23)

This offer covers all generations of VFR. If you are a VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike!

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me.
2. A total payment of $250 + return shipping charge (not applicable in this case), via PayPal.

Turn around time will be 1-2 weeks max, usually faster.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
2. Make down payment
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services, but I can help with some recommendations if needed. I am working on setting up media blast capability, which as a later option would aid a buyer in a DIY paint finish. More on that, at a later date.

At this time, I am making this reduced price offer only to active VFR owners, and only to the first 15 people to commit, but I will have more than 15 covers available soon at the normal pricing.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/

And, also on my Facebook page @SebspeedCustoms 

Thanks for looking!

3264AB90-F360-435C-9F0B-4ADBCCCAA37A-394

513B39F0-F066-48DB-882A-70DE02B792D1-208

3ebe2701.jpg

2c6f1912.jpg

***Update 10/24/2016***

Alright, how about we get the ball rolling? I suppose I can eat 1 more if it makes the difference.

Please go ahead and send your PayPal deposits to:

Sebspeed2003 at yahoo dot com 

Some important notes!

- Please send payment as a gift aka "friends and family" payment to avoid fees! 

- You may pay in full if you like, but I only require 50% at this time ($125) Balance will be due prior to return shipping. 

- *Please* include your name, your return address, and your screen name with your payment!

-  Once I have your payment, I will pm my mailing address. (Please don't take your bike out of service until the machinine is complete!)

- If you have a spare cover, you may send it at any time after I give you my address. Covers will be worked in first in/first out order unless a bike is out of service, I will give those priority.

- Please remove and retain your extra bits like the pulse generator, dowel pins, timing cover and oring, and oil cap. I don't mind pulling these myself and returning to you, but, the less I have to keep track of, the better.

I can't give the machine shop the green light until I have everyone's deposit, so give your neighbors a prod and let's make it happen! :)

• Answers 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer
55 minutes ago, zoomzoom said:

Not sure if anyone would be interested but I thought I would throw it out there.  I have a spare pressure plate from a 2000 VFR800 which I have polished to a mirror like finish.  If anyone would like it, shoot me a PM.

Once installed, the pressure plate would resemble the one on my bike or.................

IMG_1203.JPG

^^^  That's really sharp - my favorite of all the ones I've seen! 

• Member Contributer

All the glory here must remain with SEB.  Were it no for his superb skills, well, you get the idea.  Thanks for the compliments on the plate Cogswell.  I racked my brains for quite a while trying to decide what to do, and one thing I had lots of experience with was aluminum polishing.  Keeping the bike shiny is a favorite past time, other than riding it of course, so adding more shiny bits just seemed natural.  It's amazing how shiny the plate remains after 20,000 km's.  It looses a bit of gloss when bathed in oil, but overall it stays amazingly shiny.

How do you go about polishing the pressure plate?  That might be a good option if the bearing and pressure plate is one piece on the 1200...  I just need to break down and buy a 'spare' so I know exactly what I'm dealing with.

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, crakerjac said:

How do you go about polishing the pressure plate?  That might be a good option if the bearing and pressure plate is one piece on the 1200...  I just need to break down and buy a 'spare' so I know exactly what I'm dealing with.

I wet sanded visible surface of the pressure plate with 400, 800, then 1500 grit sandpaper an polished it using Tripoli (jewelers rouge) and a sewn cotton buff.  I have a 1 hp buffing motor mounted to a post and it has two different wheels, one on each side.  One side is to cutting and polishing, and the other has a soft buff for finishing and bringing out the luster.  You can do the same thing using a power drill with a buff attached to it, but I purchased the buffer motor and wheels since I've done a fair bit of metal polishing in the last few years.  Here is a link to a video on metal polishing done by Eastwood.  Eastwood sells a lot of polishing supplies and equipment.  Video is LONG but offers a lot of good info on products, processes and general safety.  

If you go this route you might want to get a disposable painters suit and definitely

a mask and eye protection.  The rouge can be messy so don't do it in the house unless you plastic wrap everything within 30 feet of the buffing wheel as the rouge and fluff from the wheels goes everywhere.  LOL.  If you got a spare pressure plate and wanted it done, I enjoy doing the polishing and would happily polish the part for you as long as you cover the shipping costs.  The buffer and supplies alone cost around $600-800 for the equipment I have, but the job can be done for far less depending on the amount of equipment and products you want to buy.  I've polished a few pressure plates now for VFRD and VFRW Forum members, so please don't be afraid to ask.  LOL.  

• Member Contributer

what do you guys think about a white pressure plate, I have the RWB and will soon have white wheels,  cant go wrong with red or blue, but never seen a white one. I have white powder coat so it wouldn't cost me anything there. hrmm I dunno

57 minutes ago, 3dcycle said:

what do you guys think about a white pressure plate, I have the RWB and will soon have white wheels,  cant go wrong with red or blue, but never seen a white one. I have white powder coat so it wouldn't cost me anything there. hrmm I dunno

The oil won't stain it, but it will be visible against the white, where the red or bkue would hide it pretty well. That's the only down side I can think of. 

White plate with colored washers would pop pretty nicely!

Updated list:

1. Aimbot9000

2. RRM - DEPOSIT PAID

3. jim v

4. crackerjac - DEPOSIT PAID

5. DonovanJM

6. Friend of jim v

7. VonZinzer

8. noahnsteph - DEPOSIT PAID

9. Burkilimo - DEPOSIT PAID

10. Hammerdrill - DEPOSIT PAID

11. Hammerdrill - DEPOSIT PAID

12. GT647

13. Blazerdman - DEPOSIT PAID

14. Twitte - DEPOSIT PAID

15. 3dcycle - DEPOSIT PAID

*16. Forbes - DEPOSIT PAID

*17. Forbes - DEPOSIT PAID

17 hours ago, zoomzoom said:

If you got a spare pressure plate and wanted it done, I enjoy doing the polishing and would happily polish the part for you as long as you cover the shipping costs.  The buffer and supplies alone cost around $600-800 for the equipment I have, but the job can be done for far less depending on the amount of equipment and products you want to buy.  I've polished a few pressure plates now for VFRD and VFRW Forum members, so please don't be afraid to ask.  LOL.  

I might take you up on that. I'm going to order a spare pressure plate and see if the bearing is part of the assembly or if it can be removed. If I find the bearing unremoveable, I'll look at having you plate polished instead of powder coated. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, crakerjac said:

I might take you up on that. I'm going to order a spare pressure plate and see if the bearing is part of the assembly or if it can be removed. If I find the bearing unremoveable, I'll look at having you plate polished instead of powder coated. 

I look forward to hearing from you once you get it all sorted.  On my bike the bearing in the center is just a slightly snug fit but was very easy to press out with your fingers.  I can only imagine that yours will be similar.

• Member Contributer

In case anyone is interested.  Here is a photo of the polished pressure plate that is available.  Also a photo of a polished fuel cap.  Both are off of a 2000 VFR800 and should fit any 98-2001 VFR800.  Not sure if they fit any other years as well but perhaps someone in the know here might be able to answer this question.

IMG_4378.JPG

IMG_4382.JPG

• Member Contributer

Haven't followed Moto GP for a long time, some marriages do that to you, but I noticed yesterday at the Malaysian GP a certain Repsol bike, assuming still sponsoring Honda, couldn't catch it because of rain, but it had a clear clutch cover. Funny how you pick things when you are aware of them...

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I believe dry clutches rob less power, which is why you'd see them on GP bikes. Never seen one in real life up close, but seeing a few dry clutch Ducatis on YouTube, definitely not something I'd prefer on a daily rider. Nowhere near as cool as the cam gear whine on the 5th gen VFR.

• Member Contributer
More like no clutch cover!  It appears to be a dry clutch:
2016_honda_rc213v_clutch.jpg?itok=-7aEee20

Ciao,

Well, it wasn't very dry on Sunday....haha.
Thanks for the pic and info. Obviously only has to last one race too, so no lube necessary.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Updated list again:

1. Aimbot9000

2. RRM - DEPOSIT PAID

3. jim v - DEPOSIT PAID

5. DonovanJM

6. Friend of jim v - DEPOSIT PAID

7. VonZinzer

9. Burkilimo - DEPOSIT PAID

12. GT647

13. Blazerdman - DEPOSIT PAID

14. Twitte - DEPOSIT PAID

15. 3dcycle - DEPOSIT PAID

*17. Forbes - DEPOSIT PAID

I sent out a friendly reminder PM to the last few folks on the list, hope to be in action soon!

I sent my deposit and I believe you have my cover already .  I'm sorry I took so long to .  I never got a notification that there's had been new posts.  I guess I hadn't been on the forums recently . 

• Member Contributer
On 11/1/2016 at 2:52 PM, DonovanJM said:

I sent my deposit and I believe you have my cover already .  I'm sorry I took so long to .  I never got a notification that there's had been new posts.  I guess I hadn't been on the forums recently . 

Hmmmmmm, I hope he has your cover.  USPS said it was delivered and signed for.  LOL

The parts are in work at the machine shop now, I will post any updates I receive from them right here, as I get them. Thanks again everyone!

1. Aimbot9000 - DEPOSIT & PAID IN FULL

2. RRM - DEPOSIT PAID

3. jim v - DEPOSIT PAID

5. DonovanJM - DEPOSIT PAID

6. Friend of jim v - DEPOSIT PAID

7. VonZinzer

9. Burkilimo - DEPOSIT PAID & PAID IN FULL

12. Blazerdman - DEPOSIT PAID

13. Twitte - DEPOSIT PAID

14. 3dcycle - DEPOSIT PAID

*15. Forbes - DEPOSIT PAID

• Member Contributer

Seb,

Hey I've been MIA for several months due to PC breakdown. Can I get in on this cycle? I don't do paypal but would be happy to send you full payment upfront via postal service money order? Boy the look of the site has changed drastically since my computer went down. Having to relearn the navigation!

vfrurknee

12 hours ago, vfrurknee said:

Seb,

Hey I've been MIA for several months due to PC breakdown. Can I get in on this cycle? I don't do paypal but would be happy to send you full payment upfront via postal service money order? Boy the look of the site has changed drastically since my computer went down. Having to relearn the navigation!

vfrurknee

We did reach our max for the free shipping deal, but I do have extra parts on order so YES, I can take extra orders.

I will include you on a PM, see next post!

Archived