Clutch Window/Clear Cover VFRD Promo Special 2016

SEBSPEED

Question

Similar to the offer from 2014, I am starting another big run of parts. I need 15 people to commit to get this run going. 

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 15 buyers to take advantage, plus FREE RETURN SHIPPING in the USA! (if you're outside the USA, I will mark down your total shipping by $23)

This offer covers all generations of VFR. If you are a VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike!

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me.
2. A total payment of $250 + return shipping charge (not applicable in this case), via PayPal.

Turn around time will be 1-2 weeks max, usually faster.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
2. Make down payment
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services, but I can help with some recommendations if needed. I am working on setting up media blast capability, which as a later option would aid a buyer in a DIY paint finish. More on that, at a later date.

At this time, I am making this reduced price offer only to active VFR owners, and only to the first 15 people to commit, but I will have more than 15 covers available soon at the normal pricing.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/

And, also on my Facebook page @SebspeedCustoms 

Thanks for looking!

3264AB90-F360-435C-9F0B-4ADBCCCAA37A-394

513B39F0-F066-48DB-882A-70DE02B792D1-208

3ebe2701.jpg

2c6f1912.jpg

***Update 10/24/2016***

Alright, how about we get the ball rolling? I suppose I can eat 1 more if it makes the difference.

Please go ahead and send your PayPal deposits to:

Sebspeed2003 at yahoo dot com 

Some important notes!

- Please send payment as a gift aka "friends and family" payment to avoid fees! 

- You may pay in full if you like, but I only require 50% at this time ($125) Balance will be due prior to return shipping. 

- *Please* include your name, your return address, and your screen name with your payment!

-  Once I have your payment, I will pm my mailing address. (Please don't take your bike out of service until the machinine is complete!)

- If you have a spare cover, you may send it at any time after I give you my address. Covers will be worked in first in/first out order unless a bike is out of service, I will give those priority.

- Please remove and retain your extra bits like the pulse generator, dowel pins, timing cover and oring, and oil cap. I don't mind pulling these myself and returning to you, but, the less I have to keep track of, the better.

I can't give the machine shop the green light until I have everyone's deposit, so give your neighbors a prod and let's make it happen! :)

• Answers 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested! I've only had my VFR for about 6 months but I'm very active on the Hawk GT discussion forums and somewhat active on custom fighters. I messaged you via Facebook. 

• Member Contributer
On June 28, 2016 at 6:02 PM, duccmann said:

Shocked more people aren't jumping at this.....

Come on guys!

No doubt it's cool and the workmanship is impeccable but it's $322 plus shipping (so figure $400 total for round trip) and no riding for 2 weeks in prime riding season for this Canadian. But if I had the $$ and a spare cover I'd consider it.

Just to clarify, the covers won't be taken in until we reach 15 commitments. I wish I could foot the entire bill for the machining, but I can't.  

• Member Contributer

I'm in. Have a spare cover ready to go, can ship as soon as you are able to accept. Also, have you set up the media blasting? I'd be happy to have the cover prepped for paint

On 7/2/2016 at 0:17 PM, auggius said:

No doubt it's cool and the workmanship is impeccable but it's $322 plus shipping (so figure $400 total for round trip) and no riding for 2 weeks in prime riding season for this Canadian. But if I had the $$ and a spare cover I'd consider it.

@SEBSPEED

I have to agree that the timing could be better under normal circumstances.

I would be interested in having this done for my 1994 VFR 750F. However, I don't have a spare cover to send at the moment and I have rides planned into December. If I commit now and make a deposit can you do the work in December and honor the current offer?

Re: the timing... this offer is contingent upon the commitment of 15 interested parties. Unfortunately, I am unable to commision the machining of the parts without this support.

That being said, yes, I will be happy to take a deposit and work with your schedules. I am thankful, appreciative, and honored by the global support of my little product, and totally understand the need to be flexible with varying riding seasons. 

If I get 15 interested people, who are willing to commit 50% down, then I will be able to make up the difference to get the parts machined and take care of those 15 people on their schedule. 

On 7/23/2016 at 8:12 AM, jim v said:

I'm in. Have a spare cover ready to go, can ship as soon as you are able to accept. Also, have you set up the media blasting? I'd be happy to have the cover prepped for paint

My blaster is not up and running yet, but if you need it done, I will find a way.

• Member Contributer

I'm in! 

I want to get the most out of the brief Canadian riding season as well, so I will be looking for someone in the US with a spare that can ship direct to Seb (probably close to break-even versus shipping from Canada).

Been talking about it for 2 seasons, and now that I did the DMr suspension last year, I have no excuses to hold off :)

I didn't realize this offer was still valid.  When do you need the cover and payment?

Also, what is a 'fair' price for a donor cover?  Ergo.  Buy one, do the mod, sell my scratched cover and break even (minus some shipping).

I will need 50% payment once we have 15 people signed up.

Spare covers can be sent any time after that - Folks that do not have spares will be contacted once I have the machined parts in hand, to minimize down time.

My usual turn time is 1-2 weeks, but I have turned them in as little as 1 day when circumstances demand it.

On 8/9/2016 at 8:09 AM, SEBSPEED said:
On 6/28/2016 at 7:48 AM, SEBSPEED said:

1. Aimbot9000

2. RRM

3. Jackvfr

4. jim v

5. rhoderage

6. crackerjac

7. DonovanJM

Just about halfway there!

Archived