Fellow motorcyclist passed away

• Member Contributer

Hello everyone,

It is with a heavy and saddened heart that I write this. My life-long friend of 42 years, Ken, passed away this past Tuesday due to complications from a major stroke he suffered last week. Ken just turned 80 years old this June. He was active and physically fit up until this time. He rode 100 miles with me through Kentucky on my way to TexasMac this year. I think Ken made three or four trips to TexasMac over the past eight years. Some of you may remember him riding his '97 Honda CBR600 Smokin' Joe (yellow & purple). Picture attached. He is in black and white leathers.

Be safe out there.

Sincerely,

Bill Mersch, aka MisterBill

100_0933.JPG

201205-TexasMac-VFRD 028.jpg

• Member Contributer

My condolences to you, his family and all who knew him.

• Member Contributer

Very sorry to hear Bill. I remember Ken and his bike. I think I even remember the exact spot the TMAC picture was taken, the side of Richard Russell Parkway as we waited for the VWs to clear out.

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope I can live as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

My condolences, I hope I'm lucky to live long enough and able to keep enjoying riding as long as he did. 

• Member Contributer

Bill,  Sorry for your loss.  It is very rare to find someone that you can share the adventures of the road with and to do it for 4 decades is astounding.  In looking at the pics above I recognize him from a few years ago.

To be ridning and enjoying life as he did reminds us that everyone dies but not everyone truly lives.

• Member Contributer

Hate to see the loss.  Damn tough man to ride at that age.  I'm just a kid and it causes me pain to ride.  Causes me pain not to ride....so.......

He rode to make the best of his time in being here.  Smart man too.  There's a lesson here for all of us.    

• Member Contributer

Never met the man named Ken but from reading the above there is certainly no doubt that he is an inspiration to all of us. We all need to take care of ourselves to continue actively enjoying this sport we all love for years and years to come. 

Condolences to to his friends and family. 

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Much respect to Ken. I feel another kindred spirit has left this crazy place. The Moto addicted men in my family rode well into their 70's and I suspect I will to. God Speed I hear they have great motorcycles and better roads to ride in the next world. 

Archived