Sportbike Track Time Group discount.

MiniCarver

Just got off the phone with Crystal at Sportbike Track Time,

Told me if I could get 10 people signed up for the Carolina Motorsports Park Track weekend of July 2nd and 3rd she'll give us a special promo code to enter for 15% off the entire weekend.

You can use the 15% if you sign up for an STT membership off of the members price for the weekend, OR just off of the non-members price for the weekend.

We Currently have 4 riders signed up and need at least 6 more to sign up to get the discount.

copy and paste this list after you add your name to it if you want to ride with us that weekend and we will send you a pm with your coupon code.

1. Minicarver

2. White lightning (roofy doctor)

3. CornerCarver

4. 007

• Member Contributer

Who gave you the authority to start threads?

And then to take my name in vain?!?

• Member Contributer

Just kidding, I am looking forward to the weekend and hope some more of our TexasMac friends can make it.

• Member Contributer

FWIW, Carolina Motorsports park is a good facility and a short front and back straight so the VFR is not exposed too much as a swiss army bike of modest HP and healthy appetite.

A very good value are these track days.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, CornerCarver said:

FWIW, Carolina Motorsports park is a good facility and a short front and back straight so the VFR is not exposed too much as a swiss army bike of modest HP and healthy appetite.

A very good value are these track days.

Man, I wish I could make it to practice some of those new moves you taught us. I did get lots of practice on the trip home though,

Thanks Keith, your fabulous instruction made my trip truly worthwhile! Working on making those moves automatic.

See you next year I hope.

• Member Contributer

Here is a link to the track so you can see the layout, location and local attractions. http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/

For the intermediate group you have to safety wire your oil drain plug, oil filter, and oil fill cap, remove the mirrors, tape up the lights and signals and add Water Wetter.

I ran water wetter on the street for about a year without issue.  I do think it froze in the small diameter line from the water pump on a bike that sat outside for 4 months of winter without riding it but it runs about 5 degrees cooler than 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled water.

For Novice group you do not have to safety wire anything but you will need to do the rest of the prep.

• Member Contributer

What recommendations are there for safety wiring the oil filter?

FWIW, I was going to replace the coolant with Engine Ice.  It is good to -26F so should avoid your freezing problem.  According to their website, it is approved for the track. 

Another FWIW, I say we just head to Tapoco Lodge for a weekend.  Its cheaper and I can ride my stupid commuter bike without safety wiring or taping anything.  Where are you staying Saturday night?

1 hour ago, 007 said:

I have always taken a worm clamp and attached safety wire through one of the little holes, then put the clamp on the filter and snug it down. Then attach the other end of the safety wire to something on the engine. Normally a bracket or something is close. No problems with tech inspection doing this for the past 15 years.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, wera803 said:

I have always taken a worm clamp and attached safety wire through one of the little holes, then put the clamp on the filter and snug it down. Then attach the other end of the safety wire to something on the engine. Normally a bracket or something is close. No problems with tech inspection doing this for the past 15 years.

That is a bingo.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, 007 said:

FWIW, I was going to replace the coolant with Engine Ice.  It is good to -26F so should avoid your freezing problem.  According to their website, it is approved for the track. 

Another FWIW, I say we just head to Tapoco Lodge for a weekend.  Its cheaper and I can ride my stupid commuter bike without safety wiring or taping anything.  Where are you staying Saturday night?

Working on securing the basement at my uncles house for Friday/Saturday night.  Depends on the size of the group.  If we have no more than the 5 or so now committed it should be no problem. I will let you guys know after this weekend.

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, CornerCarver said:

Working on securing the basement at my uncles house for Friday/Saturday night.  Depends on the size of the group.  If we have no more than the 5 or so now committed it should be no problem. I will let you guys know after this weekend.

Ooooh, Uncle Carver's basement.  An intriguing proposition!  Does he have a tire changer?  I hope I don't shred a brand new rear S21 on the first day.

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, Havagan said:

12335125813_f8aa34e0d7_b.jpg

Perfect!  Exactly what I would like to do.  Do you happen to have a link to purchase these awesome parts?

• Member Contributer
On 6/15/2016 at 3:45 PM, CornerCarver said:

Does he have any cats?  I won't be able to stay if there are cats around.  May need medevac, which would be embarrassing if I can ride like I do but need medevac for a cat.

• Member Contributer

IMG_9314.JPG

Do they take pics at the track?   I'm imagining this pic with a RWB VFR underneath. 

23 hours ago, Havagan said:

12335125813_f8aa34e0d7_b.jpg

Just make sure if you hook to a bolt like the picture, you attach it so that if the filter tries to unscrew, it tightens the other bolt, not loosen it like the picture appears to be doing.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, 007 said:

Perfect!  Exactly what I would like to do.  Do you happen to have a link to purchase these awesome parts?

We will bring a small drill set and drill along with our safety wire and pliers. You can try to find some of the clips shown in the pic as that is easier than wiring and cutting each time you change the oil.

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, 007 said:

IMG_9314.JPG

Do they take pics at the track?   I'm imagining this pic with a RWB VFR underneath. 

I think that David who owns 129 photos photog for STT but regardless there will be a photographer there.

• Member Contributer
On 6/17/2016 at 4:52 PM, CornerCarver said:

We will bring a small drill set and drill along with our safety wire and pliers. You can try to find some of the clips shown in the pic as that is easier than wiring and cutting each time you change the oil.

Will cotter pins work?

• Member Contributer

Actually, I have these:

41H674KSb9L.jpg

I can bring some spares if needed.

• Member Contributer

I started riding with STT awhile back up north.  The VFR more than holds it own.  Best memory I have is passing a Duc 1198 and have the guy ask me afterward how I did that.  Perhaps it was the luggage mount that threw him off, haha.  It comes down to the rider ultimately, don't let the bike fool you.  I now ride a SV650s dedicated to the track and ride in A.  I couldn't imagine riding the VFR and having an incident with those plastics.  

STT is a solid, well run organization.  Nothing but compliments for them.

Get out there get a knee down.  Oh and watch for scraping body work.  Hang off more for less lean.  Save the bike!!!  While you you're at it pass some squids looking fast.  Nothing puts them in their place more than a non true crotch rocket passing them.  Makes for some good discussion after laps and the instructors love it.

If  was riding Grattan these days already I'd make that tripfrom illinois.

Have fun and be safe.

Scott

Chappy8 over on STT

• Member Contributer
On 6/19/2016 at 8:18 AM, Chappy8 said:

I started riding with STT awhile back up north.  The VFR more than holds it own.  Best memory I have is passing a Duc 1198 and have the guy ask me afterward how I did that.  Perhaps it was the luggage mount that threw him off, haha.  It comes down to the rider ultimately, don't let the bike fool you.  I now ride a SV650s dedicated to the track and ride in A.  I couldn't imagine riding the VFR and having an incident with those plastics.  

STT is a solid, well run organization.  Nothing but compliments for them.

Get out there get a knee down.  Oh and watch for scraping body work.  Hang off more for less lean.  Save the bike!!!  While you you're at it pass some squids looking fast.  Nothing puts them in their place more than a non true crotch rocket passing them.  Makes for some good discussion after laps and the instructors love it.

If  was riding Grattan these days already I'd make that tripfrom illinois.

Have fun and be safe.

Scott

Chappy8 over on STT

No doubt there will be some squid passing.  I would hate to wreck my VFR, but it is cheap to put back together compared to a Ducati 1198.  I might have to buy a Street Triple and put a windscreen on it.

• Member Contributer

So are we signed up or not?  How do we pay?  Matt and I are getting antsy.  Some of us have planning and maintenance to do!

Archived