2017 Yamaha FZ-10 will be available in the USA later this month

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

And this MT-10 is NOT for new riders, believe you me...

Dear God, no - I didn't mean the MT-10.  I meant that it's also nice to see more good beginner bikes on the market and that they're being embraced.  But not the MT-10 as a beginner bike.  I should have separated those two thoughts into two paragraphs!

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Yeah I noticed that, but imho a cruise control on this hooligan is just stupid.  You will NOT cruise on this bike...

I think if I had cruise on a bike like that, I would use it. I have ridden GSXR1000's and ZX-10's before in a 45mph zone and look down and I was doing 65 mph. At least around town, the cruise control might help me stay close to the speed limit.

• Member Contributer

According to the European press, the MT-10 puts out 160-165 horses. Tuned just right and with the right rider, a high 9 in the quarter could be possible. It's definitely not for inexperienced riders.

I once knew a guy that sold motorcycles and had this young kid show up wanting to buy a CBR. The sales guy advised him it was too powerful for an inexperienced rider and convinced him to buy a VFR instead. The young guy high-sided the VFR as he was leaving the parking lot.

• 1 month later...

Archived