'85 VF700F PIlot Screw Adjustment

stubstunner

Hi all! I'm relatively new to street bikes, I have had a series of dirt bikes where everything is readily accessible and you typically ignore most small issues.

I recently acquired an 85 Interceptor. It runs great but recently I've noticed that after warming up, restarting the engine is a pain. It has a new starter (installed by the previous owrobably shouldntner, a bike mechanic) and seems to take a little "extra" to start at warm temps. The other day, after about 30-45 seconds of warming up with choke, it died after I opened the choke. RPMs dropped to about 1200 then it slowly surged and died. I haven't had a chance to ride in a few days but I'm wondering what could be causing this. Rode the bike about 90 miles and it seemed to be fine and then the issue with it dying at idle happened. As an aside, a warmup of about 3 minutes stops this issue. I have checked to make sure there are no issues with the carbs and haven't noticed anything.

My main questions are:

1) Where is the pilot screw, and does it potentially need adjusting? (The manual picture is extremely fuzzy and I can't find an exploded diagram, again, it's a newbie question but I don't want to touch something I shouldn't)

2) Could this be a mixture problem? (I remember riding my YZ-125 and 250; usually the issue described (hard to start when warm) was a sign the bike was too rich.)

Aside from that there are absolutely no power issues, I've had no problems with the power band through the gears. I apologize for any of the "new kid on the block" questions. I'm going for a ride tonight and I'll give an update and show you guys some pics of the beauty.

Archived