200,000KM

Dae

I reached 200,000KM yesterday, VFR has served me well. Changed cam chain tensioner & chain, started making slight rattle on start up. The chain did not stretch very much. I will be getting 2016 FJR 1300 and will alternate riding between the 2 motorcycles.

2K 2.JPG

• Member Contributer

That is awesome.  Goob job Dae.  Highest mileage VFR1200 I am aware of. Seoul is a hell of a place to put 200k kilometers on a motorcycle.

• Member Contributer

Agree, pretty impressive.  Glad to see the 1200 can hold up as well as its predecessors, gives me hope for mine.  Congrats Dae!  

well done - You must live on that bike - It'll take like 40 years for me to reach that goal...

• Member Contributer

Great accomplishment! I hope to see 50k with the ultimate goal of 100k. I have not kept any vehicle long enough yet but I think this might be the one!

20 hours ago, Auron said:

So does this mean they fixed all the charging issues from past VFR's? Haven't heard of any problems.

I haven't heard of any complaints about charging system on the VFR1200.  Can't say that about other older Hondas.  A buddy's Blackbird just went through a horde of troubles with stator and R/R, and may still not be fixed.

• 1 month later...

I have been in the USA for the past 5 weeks and looking forward to riding again back in Korea. When I get back to Korea, I will add 2016 Yamaha FJR 1300 and will alternate riding between the two machines.

did you have the recall done yet ??  what was the condition of the u joint ??

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, bayarearider said:

Congrats on 200K!

All on the original driveline?

He had a drive shaft joint failure early (relative) on if I recall correctly.

• Member Contributer

Wow that's impressive. My 2010 has 67,000 km so good to hear you are still chugging along. I will also hang onto mine after I looked into a trade against a 2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso. Trade in value from dealer on my VFR was just too low for it to make any sense and I don't have room for more than two bikes. If Honda made an updated version of my VFR 1200 I would go for that but the VFR 1200X is just not for me (too tall and heavy). Maybe Honda will have a Sport Touring replacement when I am ready to move on.

I haven't had any charging issues and have volt meter installed, always shows 14.2-4 volts while the engine is on. Yes my shaft drive failed at 93,000Km back in July of 2013. Had the recall done earlier this year and Honda has reimbursed me about $2,000 dollars for my troubles. As far as valve adjustments done it twice,I just handed my keys to the mechanic and he said valves were done. I'm not technical enough to know, even if someone explained it to me. Both times when the valves were supposedly adjusted, I had the throttle body cleaned along with new spark plugs, yes the bike did run better after the service. Can't tell why the bike ran better because of valves or other service that was performed at the time. I will take delivery of Yamaha 2016 FJR 1300 today and will watch them unbox/uncrate it. I will keep the VFR, how much could I have gotten for a bike with 200,000KM and I have sentimental feeling after riding it all these years. I feel VFR & FJR is different enough that I will alternate riding the machines. I will post photos later on this week after taking delivery of the FJR. Many thanks for informative tips, I have learned on this forum.

Took Delirvry of the 2016 FJR today, it took them about 4 hours to assemble the bike. Had Piaa dual horn, taller windscreen and Givi rack installed. It was almost start of rush hour and now have 2 miles on the fjr. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I guess that the Korean market gets the European destination bike. It has mud flaps, heat shield on the muffler and all the body panels match up to one color. I have 5 owners manual in different languages. 

Archived