Replacement Brake Rotors

slowbird

• Member Contributer

So I just got confirmation that my Front Brake Rotors are warped. Left out .012 and right out .010

I don't know if the "bending them back" trick is an option so I think I should replace them.

I have heard from a tech that some aftermarket options like EBC aren't great.

What has everyone elses experiences been with aftermarket rotors for these bikes?

On 5/20/2016 at 4:51 AM, slowbird said:

So I just got confirmation that my Front Brake Rotors are warped. Left out .012 and right out .010

I don't know if the "bending them back" trick is an option so I think I should replace them.

I have heard from a tech that some aftermarket options like EBC aren't great.

What has everyone elses experiences been with aftermarket rotors for these

And did he qualify this statement or speak in a vague generality?

• Member Contributer

YOu'll find my 23 August post 2013 in this thread shows that our rotors can be WAY out and you can bring them in pretty easily.  I spent maybe $40 on tools (dial indicator from Harbor Freight and a bar to jimmy the carriers and a clamp to position the indicator) and it took me a few hours, but it wasn't that hard.  The best thing is that if you go too far--you just bend them back the other direction.  I actually measured the results and I can say that today the rotors are still well in spec--NO pulsing from my right hand...BTW I de-linked my brakes and have changed the tires a couple times since I fixed these rotor carriers.  

You CAN DO IT...in my best Rob Schneider voice!!!

Matt

• Member Contributer

Thanks! I ended up finding a band new set of Honda Rotors and installed them. That was my $$ solution.

23 hours ago, Lint said:

And did he qualify this statement or speak in a vague generality?

Something about having seen issues getting pads to match or bed properly to EBC rotors.

I've always used EBC HH pads without issue.

Archived