Wiring and electrical info needed

BiKenG

I'm trying to find out some CrossTourer electrical info, but don't have a bike to check myself. I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. It's to do with the CT dash and its connections.

What is the wiring/pin layout in the connector that plugs into the rear of the dash? What wire is in which location? The Service Manual only provides the location of 5 of the wires and I can't ascertain the rest without checking a bike. I need to know what wire colours go to which pin location in the connector. Photos of both sides of the connector with some exposed wiring would suffice if they are clear enough.

Also, what voltage is sent to the dash for the indicator warning lights? For most other bikes (all that I can think of) this would be 12v, but on the CT the actual indicators are 9v max. So does the flasher/relay module send to the dash the normal 12v, or the same 9v it uses for the indicators themselves?

If anyone has a CT with the front cowl etc off to expose the back of the dash, these would be very easy questions to answer.

As a matter of interest, despite the exact same connections and the same physical connector, the F has a different pin layout than the X. Go figure.

Anyway, if anyone could help with answers I'd be very grateful.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have the X (CT) dash pin layout and of course also for the F, so if anyone is in need of this info, just ask.

Also, I have determined that the indicator warning lights in the X dash are 12V like the other warning lights and all other bikes and not the 9V that is used just for the actual X indicators.

So this issue is now fully resolved.

• 2 months later...

Archived