Tires!

• Member Contributer
24 minutes ago, GreginDenver said:

I followed Revzilla's price match request procedure exactly

In that request I included this copy link to the Rocky Mountain ATV-MC website: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/4607/54969/Bridgestone-Battlax-Sport-Touring-T30-EVO-Rear-Motorcycle-Tire

Here's a copy of the email reply I got back from Revzilla (to clarify the name difference, Walter is my real first name but I've always gone by Greg because my father was also named Walter):

Hi Walter,

Thank you for submitting a Price Match request. At this point, Rocky Mountain ATV & MC is selling that Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T30 EVO Tire at far below our cost, so we cannot match the price on that. It may be best to take them up on their current pricing, as I think that is as low as you will ever see those units sold! 

Sorry for the letdown. If there is anything else we can help with please feel free to reach out.

Safe riding,

Taylor

--

Taylor R.

RevZilla.com

877-792-9455

Follow us @RevZilla!

But isn't it great that after telling me to F-off "Taylor R." includes his obviously deeply felt concern that I should engage in "safe riding"?  That makes it all better, right?

(If you want to email him directly Taylor R.'s email address at Revzilla is taylorr@revzilla.com)

Your reaction to their price match decline is shockingly unreasonable. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
58 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

Ironically, even though I've always had good service with Revzilla, I always always buy my tires from www.ridersdomain.com (formerly JakeWilson.com) which is also affiliated with RockyMountainATV.com. I find their tire prices to be consistently the best whenever I shop for tires, so I go there first but typically check the other usual suspects before pulling the trigger.

I've always found them to be good to work with and the shipping is very prompt.  They did foul up one order though - shipping a PR2 front and PP2 rear - although in the correct sizes.  I know some like to mix those but that was not my intent with that order.   I had ordered them in winter and set them aside to mount later as riding weather improved.  My fault for not inspecting them upon delivery. 

41 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Your reaction to their price match decline is shockingly unreasonable. 

You're kinda/maybe a bit delicate?

What did I do to offend you?  Did I make Revzilla implement a price match program?  

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, GreginDenver said:

I followed Revzilla's price match request procedure exactly

In that request I included this copy link to the Rocky Mountain ATV-MC website: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/4607/54969/Bridgestone-Battlax-Sport-Touring-T30-EVO-Rear-Motorcycle-Tire

Here's a copy of the email reply I got back from Revzilla (to clarify the name difference, Walter is my real first name but I've always gone by Greg because my father was also named Walter):

Hi Walter,

Thank you for submitting a Price Match request. At this point, Rocky Mountain ATV & MC is selling that Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T30 EVO Tire at far below our cost, so we cannot match the price on that. It may be best to take them up on their current pricing, as I think that is as low as you will ever see those units sold! 

Sorry for the letdown. If there is anything else we can help with please feel free to reach out.

Safe riding,

Taylor

--

Taylor R.

RevZilla.com

877-792-9455

Follow us @RevZilla!

But isn't it great that after telling me to F-off "Taylor R." includes his obviously deeply felt concern that I should engage in "safe riding"?  That makes it all better, right?

(If you want to email him directly Taylor R.'s email address at Revzilla is taylorr@revzilla.com)

Are you serious? This in your opinion is being told to F-off? Wow! How I read that is they got beat in pricing and they cannot match it, so they basically said the competition has a great price that you should take them up on it.

Here I’m thinking they said “We think you’re full of $hit dude, so don’t bother us if you’re just looking to get a cheaper price! Go elsewhere if that’s what you’re looking for!” To me, that’s what being told to F-off looks like. But everyone has their own way of reading between the lines I guess.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

Are you serious? This in your opinion is being told to F-off? Wow! How I read that is they got beat in pricing and they cannot match it, so they basically said the competition has a great price that you should take them up on it.

Here I’m thinking they said “We think you’re full of $hit dude, so don’t bother us if you’re just looking to get a cheaper price! Go elsewhere if that’s what you’re looking for!” To me, that’s what being told to F-off looks like. But everyone has their own way of reading between the lines I guess.

This.

To Greg/Walter, I read Taylor's response as the honest truth. Call me crazy. He indicates that RockyMountain is selling the tires below the cost that Revzilla can buy them at. This is not common but not unheard of, either. I can vouch for similar stuff happening in various other industries (bicycling and automobile performance industries/markets, amongst others).

I appreciate that you spent $1,500+ with them in 2017 but are they supposed to take a loss on some tires just because you bought from them previously? 

In whatever line of work or profession you are in, would you be willing to take a loss for a prior customer just because he or she patronized your business/employer at an earlier date? Is that a business model you think is viable?

32 minutes ago, ZCD76 said:

In whatever line of work or profession you are in, would you be willing to take a loss for a prior customer just because he or she patronized your business/employer at an earlier date? Is that a business model you think is viable?

In my line of work I stand back and watch the business-my employer take losses on individual customers on a very regular basis.  

(I'm an airline pilot with a major U.S. airline, 20 years military and 18 years airline)

15 minutes ago, FastM said:

Why don't you just buy the tire at rockymountainatvmc.com?  I don't see the problem?

Yes, that's what I'm going to do.  Remember, I didn't bend Revzilla's arm up behind its back and force it to offer a price match program.

(not related to your particular post, but to the overall situation:  Revzilla just now got back to me again by email, this time the email was directly from the same guy who approved the price match for wee06, and he was offering to give me the price match on the tire.  That's nice but that wasn't all the email said and a lot of the extra verbiage was so sad and corporate-whiner-ish I just can't bring myself to date-rape them with their own policy.  So I'll be shopping elsewhere.  Moving on, no long term hard feelings, that's just life in America, I wouldn't be where I am today if I was a stay-mad type of bro.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought 2 Z8's from RockyMountainATV for a great price and they were at my door in 2 days. I've bought from them numerous times all without a glitch.

• Member Contributer

Life must be good if this is worth going ballistic over.  

• Member Contributer
Life must be good if this is worth going ballistic over.  
Or really bad

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, fink said:

You got loads of tread left on that. 

I know but I was putting on the new exhaust so I didn’t want to have to do that over again mid summer. I’ll sell you the old tire ?

I'm up to 10k miles on my t30 evo's. The rear will only take another thousand or so, and be down to the wear bars. 99% of my riding is highway. They felt great when they were round! Definitely square now. Anyone think the evo gt will help the rear to last a smidge longer? 

• Member Contributer

Old thread again...   How on earth do you get 10K miles from a rear?    Slow speed , light arsed as oppsed to Highspeed fat boy? smotth polished roads / grippy stuff.   I can get about 5k from my rear tyre

Commuting in Louisiana, I haven't had a tire yet that I got less than 8k out of. I got 11k out of the T30 Evo before the cords poked through. That's with daily full-throttle through first, second, and third at least once, several hard launches, touched the hero pegs a few times, and rarely a day that I didn't top 100 MPH. Still, between all of that is about 80 miles per day of maintaining speed, maybe dropping a gear or two to pass a car or ten, then maintaining speed again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
41 minutes ago, jhenley17 said:

I got 11k out of the T30 Evo before the cords poked through. 

Fink your answer ^^^

Archived