Screen removal / replacement instructions

Apologies for the dumb ass question... taken delivery of new dark tint Powerbronze screen. Have started looking / removing bolts from the inner panel, but some of the plastics look nicely connected together, and reluctant to force...

There is mention in the double-bubble screen thread re: screen fitting / removal instructions on here... can someone direct me please?

Thanks 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Try looking in some previous posts of which there have been several. I can't point you to them directly but only could if I did the searching which would be defeating the purpose.  

I would suggest using the search facility. Or alternately look for my post on bikers oracle Vfr site. 

• Member Contributer

Anyone know of a stock or very near stock tinted screen?  They should come tinted IMHO.  

• Member Contributer

Hi All.

Just a note that is not too clear in the instructions when removing the screen. The upper instrument surround which is what you need to remove is also physically attached and part of the two bike coloured side pieces as per photo. You could do some damage if you are not aware that this comes off as a complete assy. See photo.

Cheers.

Grum.

WP_20160309_001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Looks Great Andrearonin. I've fitted exactly the same one and very happy with it.

Viva Italia!

Ciao

Grum.

• 4 weeks later...
DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

I was able to remove screen and install new one _without_ fully removing any pieces of dash. I undid the five tabs and the two screws (labeled as item 1 in the instructions). That gave me just enough room to get to the screws holding in the windshield. Just pulled down a couple inches the part of plastic held on by the tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, when I first saw this thread recently I thought, I must be the rare one that actually finds the stock screen to be perfect, at least as far as comfort and no buffetting.  I was reluctant to change for fear of introducing buffeting, actually.  But looking at andrearonin's pics make me want this.  Love that is says VFR on it, and the perfect tint.  And probably unavailable in the US.

How much difference does it make compared to original screen. 

I have the racing Puig screen (not touring). It's an inch longer. Noticeably better, especially when tucked (quieter, better visibility because top doesn't cut through field of vision, less wind buffeting).

It isn't tall enough for me for 70+ mph for extended periods sitting upright. But I only worry about that for the few times a year I do long highway trips (I'll get a touring windshield and only use it on those trips).

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Quibble said:

I have the racing Puig screen (not touring). It's an inch longer. Noticeably better, especially when tucked (quieter, better visibility because top doesn't cut through field of vision, less wind buffeting).

It isn't tall enough for me for 70+ mph for extended periods sitting upright. But I only worry about that for the few times a year I do long highway trips (I'll get a touring windshield and only use it on those trips).

Cheers for that unfortunately I spend most of the time at 70 + and rarely have chin on tank. 

Difference in airflow is significantly better. I have always run stock screens on previous bikes, but the 'bubble' on my Powerbronze screen takes away all the buffeting I was experiencing 70mph+. Question of rider height to an extent  I guess... I'm 6'0. Plus I liked the dark tint on black ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived